Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spikeless Golf Shoes

Just wondering what people's experience of spikeless golf shoes is like. Probably loads of topics on this but thought I'd ask as technology changes etc.

Do you have another pair of shoes with spikes for winter or wet weather or do modern spikeless shoes grip just as well?

I've always ruled them out due to thinking they'll be useless on grass in the wet or frost.

Re: Spikeless Golf Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by HowlingGale View Post
    Just wondering what people's experience of spikeless golf shoes is like. Probably loads of topics on this but thought I'd ask as technology changes etc.

Do you have another pair of shoes with spikes for winter or wet weather or do modern spikeless shoes grip just as well?

I've always ruled them out due to thinking they'll be useless on grass in the wet or frost.
    In the very wet weather I use myjoys with metal spikes but for most of the winter I have played in Ecco Biom spikeless allied to a pair of sealskinz socks, always dry and warm with no loss of grip
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

I only wear Ecco Biom hybrids (spikeless), and wear them all year round. Having the whole sole in contact and biting on the gorund gives better traction and stability I find.
    Would never go back to spikes.
    Forever trying.

My son has some Adidas spikeless shoes and uses them all year round. He has never slipped or lost grip whilst playing.

Head Pro

I have used Adidas Boost spikeless. Bought for the summer but have also worn them all year, as long as it is not especially wet. Great for convenience - can drive to the course in them go in the clubhouse, great for the range and practice too. Lose out on waterproofing, but make up for that in comfort and flexibility of use.

Am on the verge of getting a pair of these having tried them on yesterday https://www.nike.com/gb/t/lunar-cont...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    In the bag:TM M1 10.5 Driver; TM M2 5 Wood; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 15.6

Keep spiked for very wet winter weather (Shoes get filthy and it's slippy around here).

Spikeless for summer.

I think it depends on your course. If you're on a very good links course (such as somwhere like Birkdale) that won't ever get standing water, then spikeless will probably be fine. If you're on a course that gets standing water, which goes away but leaves it very wet, you'll probably want spikes.

I've found I prefer playing in spikeless because I can feel the pressure transfer in my feet, therefore use the ground better.
    In the BagDriver - 2017 Taylormade M1 4603W - Taylormade SLDRs 15°3i Hybrid - Cobra F6 19-22°Irons - Mizuno MP54 4-PWWedges - 52° Vokey SM5, 56° Vokey SM6, 60° Cleveland RTX3

Personally, I don't get on with Spikeless shoes which, seeing as I wear trainers 99% of the time is strange..
    Just feel more comfy with soft spikes
    White Skechers Pro2 for dry, ECCO Cool for wet...
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Journeyman Pro

We have some quite steep slopes at the side of our greens .
    Spikeless are really dangerous on these slopes some guys have been hurt!
    So it depends where you play .
    Flatish course ok all year
    Hilly course ok when dry but soft spikes for me in the wet.

FJ Pro SLs are superb and have used them in all conditions include frozen ground

I have a couple of pairs of Adidas Gripmores, which grip superbly in the wet. However, they leak like a sieve. They are very, very comfortable too. I also bought a pair of FJ Pro SL with boa fastening. They are a little stiffer in the leather, and not as comfortable but are very waterproof, only letting in water after a long spell in a downpour.

I prefer to wear the Gripmores, unless the forecast is not so good.
    Give it big humpties