Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Flightscope Mevo

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJay View Post
    The dots were only needed indoors as the ball flight was too short into a net/screen. Outdoors they aren't required as far as I know. Guess if you can hit it straight then lining it up isn't too hard
    The Fried Eggs guy said if you're using on the driving range you still need to put a silver dot on the range balls... so you'll need an endless supply of them!

It looks interesting. I'd love to have the room to buy one and set it up in the garden over the warmer months, or even in an indoor studio. But I don't.
    Follow me on Twitter: @dufferman

Assistant Pro

i was going to get one, but having to use the dots put me off. I stuck with my swingcaddie 2 which is gives me clubspeed,ball speed,carry,total and smash factor. Its decent enogh for me to use for testing my distances

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dufferman View Post
    The Fried Eggs guy said if you're using on the driving range you still need to put a silver dot on the range balls... so you'll need an endless supply of them!

It looks interesting. I'd love to have the room to buy one and set it up in the garden over the warmer months, or even in an indoor studio. But I don't.
    Apologies, I stand corrected. Does mean you can really only practically use it indoors. I see they sell 1000 dots for $25!! Bloody expensive for one hit at a public range!

Like I said before, never able to justify this anyway.
    In the bag: TM M1 10.5 Driver; Callaway Rogue 3 Wood; TM M4 19 degree hybrid; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 15.6

The dots on balls is a big turn off. I guess you could use it on a practice ground where you can pick your balls up after (or most of them) but rules out a range for most people

Journeyman Pro

You even have to point the spot in a particular way, so essentially rather than turning a ball over with your club, you'd have to get down and place every single ball.

It's a no from me.

Assistant Pro

Thereís a huge thread on WRX regarding this and most confirm that dots are not required, some think they give more accurate readings but everyone has an opinion

The gist was mainly the distance was the main requirement and some also said it had to be fairly level to the ball

For $500 your not getting a complete LM but the people complaining about accuracy I doubt their swing is insanely repetitive to the level it would matter

Iíve been using it for over 6 months and when on the range I donít use the dots ...
    It works perfectly well

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan615 View Post
    Iíve been using it for over 6 months and when on the range I donít use the dots ...
    It works perfectly well
    Good to know. How fiddly is it to set up behind the ball, though? That's what put me off the most in FriedEggs' review. It looked like you had to place it down very accurately and I kinda don't see that happening at our range, because the ground is pretty bumpy and uneven behind the mats.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 į Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25į Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Good to know. How fiddly is it to set up behind the ball, though? That's what put me off the most in FriedEggs' review. It looked like you had to place it down very accurately and I kinda don't see that happening at our range, because the ground is pretty bumpy and uneven behind the mats.
    Itís not fiddly at all I just plonk it down and go. I think if your within 5 - 10 degrees your fine. I also put on top of an alignment pole so the distance is roughly the same from the ball each time, obviously leaving a few inches away from the ball.
    This also ensures I pick it up when I leave the range.... the damn unit is so small Iím sure I would forget