Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: Jamie Carrahger.

Just read a couple of articles about this and there was one featuring some tweets by LFC fans about this incident. The overwhelming response is along the lines of "Yes, he's done wrong but he's held his hands up and apologised. He should be forgiven and shouldn't lose his job, let's move on".

Highly predictable!

Dare I suggest that if the roles were reversed and that if this was a high profile ex-Man Utd player who gobbed on a Liverpool fan and his daughter, those same Liverpool fans would be writing something a little bit different on Twitter and would literally NEVER let him forget it......?!
    Last edited by Don Barzini; 13-Mar-2018 at 09:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    He has been 'suspended' which leads me to believe Sky will wait for it all to blow over before slowly phasing him back into broadcasting duty.
    Not IMO, they suspended him until they’ve got all the legal things sorted then will announce the sacking.

My guess is that we will hear something later today.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Don Barzini View Post
    Just read a couple of articles about this and there was one featuring some tweets by LFC fans about this incident. The overwhelming response is along the lines of "Yes, he's done wrong but he's held his hands up and apologised. He should be forgiven and shouldn't lose his job, let's move on".

Highly predictable!

Dare I suggest that if the roles were reversed and that if this was a high profile ex-Man Utd player who gobbed on a Liverpool fan and his daughter, those some fans would be writing something a little bit different on Twitter......?!
    Of course they would, they'd be tweeting the same things the Man Utd fans are saying now.
    TaylorMade M2 Driver
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Putter

Handicap 26

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    And that is probably why we won't be seeing him again....
    If I spat at someone and got prosecuted for it, I would likely lose my ADI licence as I wouldn't be deemed a "fit and proper person" by the governing body. Sky have to protect their image and, although they seem to have been soft on others, I'd be surprised in JC comes back
    Would be funny, if he did go back, if GNev wears a raincoat and hat though.....
    If a video of you doing it was shown to the ADI and you weren’t prosecuted could they take any action against you?

Highly predictable!

Dare I suggest that if the roles were reversed and that if this was a high profile ex-Man Utd player who gobbed on a Liverpool fan and his daughter, those same Liverpool fans would be writing something a little bit different on Twitter and would literally NEVER let him forget it......?!
    And if it was the other way round again (Man U player spat at a Liverpool fan), it would also be the same way.

Loads saying its disgusting, loads defending him.

What has amazed me about this whole episode is the way Carragher just reacted like that straight away. I mean all the guy was doing was goading him with the scoreline! He wasn't using foul language as far as we know. Yet Carragher just gobs at him, doesn't even give back a bit of chat first! Straight in with the spitting!
    Makes you wonder if he's done it before and got away with it, like you say he wasn't even provoked, just very mild banter.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Not IMO, they suspended him until they’ve got all the legal things sorted then will announce the sacking.

My guess is that we will hear something later today.
    Sky gave him a one-on-one interview live on Sky News to apologise profusely yesterday. That suggests they are doing what they can to keep him on. Why give him that platform otherwise?
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Sky gave him a one-on-one interview live on Sky News to apologise profusely yesterday. That suggests they are doing what they can to keep him on. Why give him that platform otherwise?
    To try and stop their image being tarnished. It will be now a full on PR play by Sky to do what they can to ensure the least damage to their reputation and ultimately ensure their share price stays as high as possible. And I imagine they will be listening to public and media opinion amongst other things and weighing up the potential damage to their brand of keeping him on against getting rid. The perception will always trump the detailed minutia of the incident, and if his perception amongst a lot of their viewers/shareholders is of a gobbing moron then he will go. But unfortunately team alliances will always cloud a lot of people's judgements.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    If a video of you doing it was shown to the ADI and you weren’t prosecuted could they take any action against you?
    I wouldn't rule it out....
    We've just had a new code of conduct introduced.
    Even if we shout at clients, and they complain, action can be taken.
    If the DVSA got of hold of a video of me doing that I would be ecstatic with a rap on the knuckles
    Last edited by Imurg; 13-Mar-2018 at 11:09.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 8.0 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    I wouldn't rule it out....
    That’s not really answering the question, but no worries.

Just seen the edit, I know some jobs have quite strict rules and regulations and some virtually none, cheers.
    Last edited by pauldj42; 13-Mar-2018 at 11:11.