Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: Jamie Carrahger.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Was he charged with anything ?
    Doesn't sound like it - but it is reported that he failed a breathalyzer test and was arrested...and the enquiries continue.

Sounds like the guy has serious drink or other addiction problems...and doing this after being in a treatment centre - albeit for painkiller addiction - suggests a lack of acceptance of his problems.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Doesn't sound like it - but it is reported that he failed a breathalyzer test and was arrested...and the enquiries continue.

Sounds like the guy has serious drink or other addiction problems...and doing this after being in a treatment centre - albeit for painkiller addiction - suggests a lack of acceptance of his problems.
    How do you know he didn't blow under 35 back at the station?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    How do you know he didn't blow under 35 back at the station?
    He might well have. In which case - like Carragher - he didn't commit a crime (except in Scotland he might well have)

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

He might well have. In which case - like Carragher - he didn't commit a crime (except in Scotland he might well have)
    He was in London.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

So you don't know all the details about what happened yet you jump to the conclusion........

Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Very unforgiving last statement. As Best, Gascoigne, Bruno and many, many others in the public spotlight has demonstrated over the years, having a problem, admitting that and even after getting treated, being able to deal with the issues moving forward and staying on the right path is not easy.

He's made a mistake clearly and if he failed the test at the police station will be arrested and dealt with by the courts. They have cancelled the TV show to allow him back to rehab so clearly he's trying to tackle his demons and doesn't show anything like a lack of acceptance of his problems. Just a troubled man who made another mistake and will be punished and who still needs help

I think you will find intentionally spitting at someone is assault, even if Carragher wasn’t charged.
    intolerance will not be tolerated

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    I think you will find intentionally spitting at someone is assault, even if Carragher wasn’t charged.
    I was on a jury where this was the charge.
    We thought he had beat someone up but it was for spitting at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    I was actually saying that were indeed Anthony McPartlin under the drink-drive limit, he might not have been were he in Scotland. What is deemed acceptable in England is not acceptable in Scotland - presumably because in Scotland the impact of the 2nd pint of strong beer on driver reactions and perceptions etc is recognised to be more significant than it is in England.

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Very unforgiving last statement. As Best, Gascoigne, Bruno and many, many others in the public spotlight has demonstrated over the years, having a problem, admitting that and even after getting treated, being able to deal with the issues moving forward and staying on the right path is not easy.

He's made a mistake clearly and if he failed the test at the police station will be arrested and dealt with by the courts. They have cancelled the TV show to allow him back to rehab so clearly he's trying to tackle his demons and doesn't show anything like a lack of acceptance of his problems. Just a troubled man who made another mistake and will be punished and who still needs help
    It may seem unforgiving but I believe it to be true - for the reasons you have actually stated - I agree with you 100%.

You can undergo all the time in treatment centres that you want or can afford, but unless you accept that you have an addiction - an illness - and that you will NEVER drink or drug again the chances are that you will relapse sooner or later after leaving treatment/rehab. My understanding of this is that the individual must accept the 'battle with alcohol' is over - the alcoholic is not a problem drinker 'fighting the booze' - the alcoholic has lost that battle, that is what has to be accepted - and that is what is very difficult.

Since you mention him - I don't think such as Paul Gascoigne can ever truly in his heart of hearts have accepted that he has 'lost the battle'.

Job done