Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Jamie Carrahger.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Then it's his own stupid fault.
    Don't feel sorry for him, he's been paid more money kicking a ball around than most of us will see in a lifetime.
    Heaven forbid, if he does get the boot, he may have to go out and get a real job although I doubt anyone would employ someone with such obvious anger management issues....

I hope he's invested his money well.....
    Carragher will still find a job in either the media or football - Iím pretty sure most people in the world are willing to give people second chances as opposed to casting them aside ( which seems to be more social media mob mentality)

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Carragher will still find a job in either the media or football - Iím pretty sure most people in the world are willing to give people second chances as opposed to casting them aside ( which seems to be more social media mob mentality)
    Mob mentality or higher standards than you? If he'd sworn at them in responding to what was just banter it wouldn't have even caused a ripple. Does he deserve the sack? I'd put him on a final written warning.
    Give it big humpties

Iím sure he could waltz into a job at Liverpool, letís be honest he was a great player for them.

I donít hink he needs to be treated as a social pariah, but if he gets sacked it may at least set some sort of example that no matter how privileged a life you lead, your actions have consequences.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_Boy View Post
    Sheís fit
    She has suffered. The wardrobe dept at Sky cut off the sleeves on all of her outfits as a punishment 😁.

Haven't Sky already set a benchmark though with the sacking of Marsh, Keys and Gray? Not sure how they can change their stance given what has gone before? I think in time he'll get a role back in the media somewhere, and I wouldn't have an issue but to let him carry on, even after a brief suspension smacks of double standards

Quote Originally Posted by homerjsimpson View Post
    haven't sky already set a benchmark though with the sacking of marsh, keys and gray? Not sure how they can change their stance given what has gone before? I think in time he'll get a role back in the media somewhere, and i wouldn't have an issue but to let him carry on, even after a brief suspension smacks of double standards
    Kirsty Gallagher!! ffs
    Last edited by pauldj42; 13-Mar-2018 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    aye - you'll have to do a lot of putting aside of resentments when the Uk electorate change their mind and vote to remain in the EU
    "Following the demise of Ken Dodd, SILH decides to pursue a life in comedy "
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Kirsty Gallagher!! ffs
    If my work place is any sort of bench mark, plenty of employees with DD convictions. Pretty sure if they spat or made obvious sexist comments as Carrager and Keys/Gray did then they would face disciplinary action. Without condoning drink driving, it doesn't seem (subject of course to having a job reliant on driving for a living) to be seen as that big a deal and I am sure if you were to canvass the Sky Sports workplace (and not just those on TV), there would be others with the same conviction

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    If my work place is any sort of bench mark, plenty of employees with DD convictions. Pretty sure if they spat or made obvious sexist comments as Carrager and Keys/Gray did then they would face disciplinary action. Without condoning drink driving, it doesn't seem (subject of course to having a job reliant on driving for a living) to be seen as that big a deal and I am sure if you were to canvass the Sky Sports workplace (and not just those on TV), there would be others with the same conviction
    So you equate sexist and racist comments to someone spitting at a car, but someone pulled over driving kids to school drunk, is ok, somehow you then say letting him carry on after a suspension would smack of double standards, she risked the lives of her children and every other road user that day!

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    So you equate sexist and racist comments to someone spitting at a car, but someone pulled over driving kids to school drunk, is ok, somehow you then say letting him carry on after a suspension would smack of double standards, she risked the lives of her children and every other road user that day!
    Read what I said. Not condoning it but I'm pointing out that it seems common place in many workplaces that drunk driving isn't as stigmatised by the employer in the same way as sexist, racist behaviour or anything as unpleasant as spitting. I don't think it's right but is she the only one. Chris Tarrant was convicted recently and I doubt he'll be shunted off a TV screen and not allowed to work again.