Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Jamie Carrahger.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I'm as very strong proponent of forgiveness in life - since when we do not forgive we sit with anger and resentments if things don't get dealt with as we would want and we do not agree with or like any outcome. And personal anger and resentments are destructive emotions to carry around. If we can forgive and hence defuse our anger or upset then we are in a much better place to cope with the next big issue that hits us - an issue that might be a lot harder to cope with emotionally. We need to clear our decks as best we can - and keep them clear.

Anyway that's just my general philosophy in life rather than any greater comment on this specific incident. But if JC is keel-hauled and spat out by Sky (bad use of language) to his and his families detriment - it is quite possible that, in time, the accusing dad and his family might actually feel a bit of guilt - even though in the first instance they might feel overweening pride in themselves. And such pride and guilt are also emotions that you just don't want
    Well that makes me feel a lot happier about voting for Brexit 😁
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by Grant85 View Post
    It is extremely difficult, but my point was that these two are still in their respective parties. The party could have stated these guys were out of the party and they could have chosen to continue as independent members until the next election at least, or voluntarily resigned and allowed a by-election.

There was a chap in the Scottish Parliament (Mark MacDonald) who was under investigation by his party (SNP). When the guy realised the findings were damning - he resigned from the SNP (before he was pushed) but is still an MSP, albeit has been encouraged to do the decent thing and resign from parliament.
    Nobody does hypocrisy like a politician. I totally agree with you but unfortunately political parties put their own standing above all else. Grim really.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Everybody makes at least one mistake in their life.
    He has apologised, and whilst I dont argue it was a disgusting thing to do, I don't think the chap with the phone filming it is has no blame in the matter nor is innocent.

There's obviously a tribal warfare issue here, clubs v clubs, but lets be honest he hasn't actually hurt anyone, done any damge (other than to his own reputation) or cause any inconvienence other than to himself.
    In some ways, letting him go would be easier on him rather than having him continue with his post and have to face the comments and ribbing from all and sundry in front of the cameras never to be forgotten.

He was an idiot and acted very foolishly in a very rash moment. If we can all say we have never done something very rash and out of character at any time in your life then good on you.
    I know I can't.
    Agree with all of this.
    TaylorMade M2 Driver
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Putter

Handicap 26

Has he apologised because he's genuinely sorry for what he did, or because he got caught and faces losing his job over it....?

Money List Winner

I'm as very strong proponent of forgiveness in life - since when we do not forgive we sit with anger and resentments if things don't get dealt with as we would want and we do not agree with or like any outcome. And personal anger and resentments are destructive emotions to carry around. If we can forgive and hence defuse our anger or upset then we are in a much better place to cope with the next big issue that hits us - an issue that might be a lot harder to cope with emotionally. We need to clear our decks as best we can - and keep them clear.

Anyway that's just my general philosophy in life rather than any greater comment on this specific incident. But if JC is keel-hauled and spat out by Sky (bad use of language) to his and his families detriment - it is quite possible that, in time, the accusing dad and his family might actually feel a bit of guilt - even though in the first instance they might feel overweening pride in themselves. And such pride and guilt are also emotions that you just don't want
    A pity you can't exhibit that towards those who voted Leave then.......

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Well that makes me feel a lot happier about voting for Brexit 😁
    aye - you'll have to do a lot of putting aside of resentments when the Uk electorate change their mind and vote to remain in the EU
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post
    A pity you can't exhibit that towards those who voted Leave then.......
    Oh - I have forgiven all (at least most) who voted leave - though forgiving the Leave snake-oil salesmen is hard and remains a work in progress. Doesn't make them right or the leaving of the EU less stupid.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Don Barzini View Post
    Has he apologised because he's genuinely sorry for what he did, or because he got caught and faces losing his job over it....?
    You can't tell and I suggest no point in trying to determine - other than if you listen to others who know him and are happy to give him a glowing character reference then you should accept he is genuine in his remorse.

Job done

But if JC is keel-hauled and spat out by Sky (bad use of language) to his and his families detriment
    Then it's his own stupid fault.
    Don't feel sorry for him, he's been paid more money kicking a ball around than most of us will see in a lifetime.
    Heaven forbid, if he does get the boot, he may have to go out and get a real job although I doubt anyone would employ someone with such obvious anger management issues....

I hope he's invested his money well.....
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    He wasn’t in the workplace and was in his own time, Gallagher risked the lives of her kids and every other person on the road when she got done for d&d, that’s way worse than carra, where’s the outrage over her behaviour?
    She’s fit