Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: Jamie Carrahger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    What is the other driver guilty of?
    Driving while using his phone, at the minimum.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

6 points and a fine Vs potential jail...
    Throw as big a book as you can at both of them..
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

He has been 'suspended' which leads me to believe Sky will wait for it all to blow over before slowly phasing him back into broadcasting duty.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    Very dead at work tonight so been reading a lot of articles

this one did make me chuckle

Jamie Carragher's comments regarding West Ham United winger Arthur Masuaku have come back to bite him.

Only last month, the Sky Sports pundit and former Liverpool defender called Masuaku "an absolute disgrace" after the Hammer received a six-match ban for spitting at an opponent during the FA Cup defeat at Wigan Athletic.

"It's vile, it's disgusting and it's an absolute disgrace", he told Sky Sports following Masuaku's six-match suspension.

"It's one thing playing like that, as poorly as he did, but it's another thing to go and spit at an opposition player. It's now down to West Ham to react and show the fans that, that type of behaviours not tolerated. It's an absolute disgrace."

However the boot was on the other foot this morning as a grovelling Carragher was forced to issue an apology live on air after he himself was recorded spitting in the face of a 14-year-old child at the weekend.
    That was fake. Laughable how many people still believe everything they read sourced from twitter and the like as gospel.

As for Carra, it was a moment of madness but inexcusable. If he was being provoked and prodded on the street its still inexcusable, but he had options and time to simply ignore. It's a shame as I like him as a pundit.

I don't get the whole 'it was on him time, not Sky's' defence. My employer, and any future one, would need to know if prosecuted for common assault, regardless if I knocked out the receptionist on my way into work or spat on the guy pushing infront of me for a donner and chips on a Saturday at 3am.

Tough call for Sky, I'm glad they didnt make a knee jerk reaction, but I do think it will be very tough for him to return as a pundit there. He won't be able to call anyone a 'disgrace' (Sky's fave word) or act as judge on anything for a long time, which kind of defeats the object of his and Nevilles punditry style.

Nah, suspension would be immediate whilst they decide what to do, ie follow the story, see how much he grovels, public opinion etc etc.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy or some other one that wrecks my score.
    Balls - Nike PD Soft. Until I've lost them all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDiablo View Post
    Tough call for Sky, I'm glad they didnt make a knee jerk reaction, but I do think it will be very tough for him to return as a pundit there. He won't be able to call anyone a 'disgrace' (Sky's fave word) or act as judge on anything for a long time, which kind of defeats the object of his and Nevilles punditry style.
    Although if he does go back, how amazing would it be if someone in the game he was watching got sent off for spitting and then they went straight to him for a comment?
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

Quote Originally Posted by moogie View Post
    On the flip side.....
    maybe he could team up with Andy Gray and Richard Keys now
    and Ron Atkinson !!!!!
    2016: 12.7,12.4,11.8,11.6,11.7.11.8,11.8,11.4,11.5,11.5, 11.6,11.7,10.3,10.4,10.5,10.5,9.9
    2017: 9.9,10.0,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4,9.6,9.4,9.5,9.6,9.7,9 .8,9.9.9.9,10.0,10.0
    AR: 11.0
    2018: 11.1,11.2,11.3,11.3,11.3

Money List Winner

He's a daft lad who has been a bit of a dick and is finding out that, due to his position as a pundit on one of the the flagship shows for the most popular sport in this country, his behaviour will be scrutinised more than others and he will be held to higher behavioural standards. I expect what with the team Sky cycling stuff that is going on Sky needed this like hole in the head. But life moves on.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

What has amazed me about this whole episode is the way Carragher just reacted like that straight away. I mean all the guy was doing was goading him with the scoreline! He wasn't using foul language as far as we know. Yet Carragher just gobs at him, doesn't even give back a bit of chat first! Straight in with the spitting!

Surely he put up with far worse than that from the sidelines as a player and got used to it, as all footballers do?! Just amazed that he reacted so disgustingly!

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Although if he does go back, how amazing would it be if someone in the game he was watching got sent off for spitting and then they went straight to him for a comment?
    And that is probably why we won't be seeing him again....
    If I spat at someone and got prosecuted for it, I would likely lose my ADI licence as I wouldn't be deemed a "fit and proper person" by the governing body. Sky have to protect their image and, although they seem to have been soft on others, I'd be surprised in JC comes back
    Would be funny, if he did go back, if GNev wears a raincoat and hat though.....
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...