Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Glasses, lenses and reading specs

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJay View Post
    So no good for golf?
    I am happy wearing varifocal glasses for work and at home, just looking for something for golf.
    They are fine for golf and quite useful for reading. I can't say I noticed any difference for golf but I was probably too optimistically hopeful that it would be perfect for both. They were, however, helpful for reading rather than glasses.

Money List Winner

I read the LRs on the scorecard before I go out (wearing my reading glasses) then pack the away in the bag (with the rules book) and hope I don't need to get them out during the round!
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

Journeyman Pro

I use varifocals which I had made with a prescription for golf. The lens has the transition to close up work much lower on the eye-line than normal. Consequently the majority of the lens is suitable for long distance and the lower 20 - 25% is Ok for scorecards stuff.

The frame/lens style is curved as with the Oakley's and with the light sensitive system they're great. It does mean being careful when putting.

Journeyman Pro

I had a 'funny' several years ago when I tried a single contact lens in my 'poor' eye.

It took me 12 holes to realise that the contact lens made every single putt look as if it was left to right.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post
    I had a 'funny' several years ago when I tried a single contact lens in my 'poor' eye.

It took me 12 holes to realise that the contact lens made every single putt look as if it was left to right.
    I assume you single putted the last 6 holes.

Have been a contact lens wearer for over 50 years but deterioration in the last few years prevents full correction so I have one eye for distance & the other for reading. Not perfect but is a 'best solution' for me. Never seemed to get to grips with varifocals when I tried them.
    2Blue H/cap 10.3 ..... H4H H/cap Challenge against - Louise_a

http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post
    I assume you single putted the last 6 holes.

The whole point about trying out contact lens in the first place (before I finally started to wear standard vision glasses) was I had become aware that I was not reading greens correctly.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Wow. Thought Iíd tried everything and still not satisfied with my current solution but Iíd never considered a monical. Iím going to look into that!!

Currently wear varifocal glasses but have never even contemplated trying to play golf in them. Use disposable lenses for golf, distance prescription in both eyes. Tried monovision but found the lack of clarity on long wayward drives frustrating.

My arms arenít quite long enough for the scorecard so use a pair of cheapo reading glasses from Boots for that. But itís such a faff retrieving them from the bag 18 times. Monical round my neck here I come. At least it will give my PPís a laugh :-)

Challenge Tour Pro

I'm in the same place as you Troymcclure.........know it sounds odd and never something I had considered, but a monical does seems to be quite a practical option! Not sure about it round my neck though - might interfere with my swing unless i had a breast pocket in my polo shirt to pop it into!!
    In the bag: TM M1 10.5 Driver; Callaway Rogue 3 Wood; TM M4 19 degree hybrid; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 15.6

I've just had a wander up and down my local high street whilst SlowFit put some tyres on my car. Went into 3 opticians and two of the young assistants had never even heard of the word monocle. I felt old. My impression of Lord Charles didn't help. I'll check online.