Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Money List Winner

Re: What does it take ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Evening all

Just back after my latest ban

Just read a PM saying that one more infraction will see a permanent ban from here

Also been told certain members have been banned loads of times but still seem to be around

So quick question, how do some manage to survive on here ??
    The same advice I'd give for just about every situation in life, just don't be a dick.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    I don’t really reckon you’ve done anything wrong, just mixed it up a bit
    Just use the forum for what you need. In my case hooking up for a few games with some fellas that i like. There’s no mileage in having an online spat with someone you’re never gonna meet.
    The mods have a tough job, but there are certain things they let go that should be clamped down on.
    Constant repetition by the same poster, cut & paste posting to boost post count, casual misogyny and homophobic behaviour is often ignored. All these are more important than someone with strong views on the wind up
    I'd agree about the casual stuff, but I suppose a lot of that is down to personal values/beliefs (and this is not a pop at the mods BTW). For example, I may think I see some casual misogyny where others don't. Doesn't mean I am right, just that I have different tolerances to certain things. And that kind of stuff is difficult to put in a 'rule'.

Tour Rookie

Great Forum, Mods do an excellent job with little or no thanks.

We know the rules, abide by them or face the consequences. There are rules on the golf course, same here. Why try and antagonise people?

Remember it is NOT a prison. If you do not like feel free to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by 3offTheTee View Post

We know the rules, abide by them or face the consequences. There are rules on the golf course, same here. Why try and antagonise people?

Good post
    10 hcp and rising.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 3offTheTee View Post

You and others are missing the point, some are not being treated the same as others.

I got a pm saying a certain member has been banned numerous times but is still on here, I get a pm from someone else saying another member has been banned numerous times, yet is still here, I then get a pm saying that the two members I'm referring to play with a mod who is dishing out bans to me like confetti....do you not think that seems not quite cricket ???

So back to my original question, seems some can act like a dick and it's fine, so what Does it take ??

My thought on forum posting is only post what youd be prepared to say to that persons face and you wont go far wrong.

Tht said, theres a few on here who hide behind their monikers. Sad really but thats life i suppose.

You and others are missing the point, some are not being treated the same as others.

I got a pm saying a certain member has been banned numerous times but is still on here, I get a pm from someone else saying another member has been banned numerous times, yet is still here, I then get a pm saying that the two members I'm referring to play with a mod who is dishing out bans to me like confetti....do you not think that seems not quite cricket ???

So back to my original question, seems some can act like a dick and it's fine, so what Does it take ??
    Have you thought that maybe the issue is the people who are sending you messages ? There are a number of people on here that do like to send messages around to stir up trouble.

Maybe you need to ignore what people are sending you in PMs and just enjoy the place

And as I have said the infractions are on a points system and those points run out after a certain period just like a driving license - maybe read that bit and you will under stand why some have had a number of infractions and bans and still here over a long period where as your points are still live and racking up.

Money List Winner

If you are going to act like a dick then make sure you play golf with the mods???

Not sure what your end game is here. If you are pointing out that sometimes in life people occasionally get treated slightly differently down to who they know then no %^% sherlock. I am pretty sure that is not news to you. Surely the answer is to not be a dick and give people the chance to ban you. And don't overly worry about the banning or not of some other person you have never met or likely to meet? Surely life is too short?

One thing I would say is that the more people you meet on this great forum of ours, the better it becomes.

I was a stranger 7-8 years ago, went on a local meet and the rest is history. Me, Lincoln quaker and Birchy have organised many meets in the past consisting of long weekends, 5 day full holidays and lots of other stuff. 40/50 and even 60 odd at some of them, and only the odd divvy.

H4H is another place to meet a load of the southern lads, and others from all over these fair isles. H4H is the singular biggest/best way to meet a load of new associates and even friends. The mods may have met some of these people and its only understandable that they may give them a bit more leeway, as they have met the person and found them to be ok.

A bit harder for you up in Scotland, but you have also poo-pooed meeting up with like minded forummers as a bit sad.......which doesn't help, either.

I find the real gob..... on here are the keyboard warriors, who would never meet that person face-to-face and say the same as the worst.

Don't be a stranger.

Assistant Pro

Cabby,

You're on a hiding to nothing. You hold none of the main cards...... might as well just carry on regardless and take the medicine if it comes....
    Handicap:
    2017 22.7<22.8<23.1>21.9>21.5>17.6<17.9<18.3
    2018 18.3 (Going the wrong way!)

In my bag:
    PING G Alta 55 Driver
    Taylormade Aeroburner 3W Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Graphite Shaft (regular)
    PING G Alta 70 Hybrid 3
    Ping G Series Crossover 4 -Alta 70 Shaft (regular)
    Ping G30 5i - SW
    Cleveland Golf TFI 2135 1.0 (Putter)
    http://www.thebursteadgolfclub.com/