Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Following the ball

I find it especially bad when playing against the sun. On the other occasions, I have at least a rough idea where the ball landed, even if I did not actually see it down all the way, but on one of our holes specifically, I lose it in the glare pretty much as soon as it takes off, with no idea even of the general direction it went. And I even sometimes find it hard to spot on the fairway until I am almost standig right on it.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25° Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Some folks I play with seem to have little clue where their ball has gone much of the time - usually when we have to try and find it. Not sure it's anything to do with the colour of the ball against the sky. Just wish they'd watch it more carefully. Have to say that I certainly find it easier to follow a coloured ball when the light is very flat and the sky is grey - I just don't like playing a coloured ball.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Fore Right! View Post
    tried a Volvic the other week - bright green - great in the air but then lost it in a bush!
    I tried the red ones, couldn’t see em on the ground, I reckon I’m a bit red/green colour blind

Journeyman Pro

Have you considered trying these

021.jpg
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    I sometimes have trouble filling the ball in cloudy/overcast conditions. It tends to be worse at this time of year with the poor light, does anyone else have this issue ?
    Exactly the same. I don't have any problems with my vision and was told on my last eye test it had in fact improved somehow!
    But lately in these overcast conditions I really struggle to follow it. Weird

Tried using a Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis?
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Tried using a Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis?
    I wear specs and occasionally struggle against the sky. Found yellow Truvis to be better when it was overcast and lower light.
    Once it brightens up (i.e. those 3 weeks in August ) I can switch to the white and red version and still be using the same ball.
    In the bag: TM M1 10.5 Driver; Callaway Rogue 3 Wood; TM M4 19 degree hybrid; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 15.6