Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Money List Winner

The “Whisky bar” restaurant. Kuala Lumpur

Right. Bottom line is i cannot stand the stuff. However met a lovely couple on our far east travels and she loves it. Ave a very strong feeling that we will end up at this place as she loves whisky and the food here is supposed to be decent. So what do i treat her to a glass of. Check out there website list. It is heavanly.
    Lick yer lips folks and educated reviews from our whisky lovers pleeeeeeeze. Coz the treats on me.
    PS flying there tomorrow for three nights.
    Last edited by Tashyboy; 08-Mar-2018 at 14:56.

Re: The “Whisky bar” restaurant. Kuala Lumpur

Check the price list before you get too involved. Whisky can be a scary price, imported whisky from half way around the world even more so. You want to treat someone but if it is £50 a glass it might choke you!
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Check the price list before you get too involved. Whisky can be a scary price, imported whisky from half way around the world even more so. You want to treat someone but if it is £50 a glass it might choke you!
    Deffo will do. Missis T said i dont understand these numbers. 12 yo and 18 yo etc etc. Doh.

A mate of mine was in an old Scottish hotel many years ago. He liked his whisky and saw a bottle at the back that sounded grand. "I'll have a glass of that please". He always wears shorts, the barman looked him up and down and replied "are you sure you can afford that Sir"? Obviously pride took over as he near demanded the glass now. Whisky was lovely, bill was about £30 for one shot. This was 20+ years ago so factor inflation into that. He reckons keeping the look of horror off his face when the bill came was the hardest moment of his life. Luckily he can just about laugh about it now, nearly.

The older the whisky the better it is supposed to be, they have matured in the casks for longer. 12yrs is pretty standard so the level steps up once you hit 18yrs. I wouldn't bother going over 18yrs unless you know the price and you are okay with it. 18yrs old will be good enough for most people, smooth and classy.

If it is muck cheap then forget my advice and go with something special
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Spent a month on the Isle of Islay a few years back, 11 Distilleries at the time, ones like, Bowmore, Bruichladdich (Brewladdy), Bunnahabhain (Boona-hah-ven), Ardbeg, Laphroaig (La-froyg) plus a few more, very peaty smokey taste, but very enjoyable.
    The year I was there Bowmore 12yr Old won the “Whisky World Cup” in San Francisco, we did a tour of the Bowmore Distillery and afterwards they treat you to a few drams and show you how they believe Whisky should be savoured.
    Take the glass with the whisky in, bring it to your nose, have a good sniff (trying to understand the flavours etc) and then move the glass away to arms length, after 15-20 seconds repeat the sniff and move glass away.
    Then, bring the glass to your mouth and take a small drink and hold it under your tongue and savour the flavours, when you’re ready let it slip down.
    Maybe not for everybody but it certainly worked for me and you can appreciatte the different aromas and flavours.
    Some drink it with ice, some with a small drop of water and some even with lemonade.
    Whichever you go for, try and enjoy it, nothing worse than throwing it back and wasting the taste.

Ryder Cup Winner

Wise words from the Lord.
    There are exceptions to that rule though......10 year old Ardbeg and 25 year old Ben Nevis [IMO]
    The rare older stuff is just for value not for drinking.....[Unless you are a numpty merchant banker type].

Tashy, impress her with your knowledge.

Ask for a treble 40 year old Bells, with strike cola, in a tankard, and knock it back in one.

Makes the pork scratchings taste better.

12 to 18 year olds are fine, ask the waiter, make sure you know the price first though as can be silly prices.

Ask for a bourbon 😜

Tash, you are turning into a modern day 'Cliff Michelmore'
    Play it cool Trigger!

Money List Winner

Pmsl at some of the responses. Pork scratchings. Do they stil make them 😳😂
    Just my luck. I never felt the earthquake in Borneo yesterday. ☹️
    Saw the probiscus monkeys yesterday. They are not just known for there big noses if you know what about mean. 😉