Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assistant Pro

Paying your membership fee

Sorry if this has been done before but just wanted to gather opinions.

Our club isnít offering a member discount if you pay in full. With so many clubs going under Iím reluctant to do this but if I pay it on a credit card will I be fully covered if anything goes wrong?

Thanks in advance

Club Champion

Re: Paying your membership fee

Ask your golf club, ask your cc company but randomly asking people on the internet just seems a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RandG View Post
    Ask your golf club, ask your cc company but randomly asking people on the internet just seems a bit ridiculous.
    i bet youíre a blast at dinner conversations

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Our club provide a discount if you pay in full up front - the discount being that you don't pay the interest and admin that comes from paying by monthly DD through Premium Credit.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Ryder Cup Winner

Most private members clubs donít allow arrears so you have to pay up front, many offer a credit facility via a 3rd party but ultimately the club still get that up front and you pay a fee to the credit provider.

Asking a club for a discount because your paying up front is ludicrous and itís no wonder clubs are going under.

How likely is the club to close?
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Most private members clubs donít allow arrears so you have to pay up front, many offer a credit facility via a 3rd party but ultimately the club still get that up front and you pay a fee to the credit provider.

Asking a club for a discount because your paying up front is ludicrous and itís no wonder clubs are going under.
    totally agree, but i think i will ask Tesco next time we go shopping if i can have a discount if i pay in full

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    totally agree, but i think i will ask Tesco next time we go shopping if i can have a discount if i pay in full
    I know it's a bit wild west up your part of the world but didn't realise we still bartering. Mind you when working in Skye as a student I'd maybe get someone coming in a wee bit short and desperate for a half and half - and he'd try a bit of bartering to get the cost down.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Journeyman Pro

Our club offers last years prices if you pay early and in full (I think that is what they offer).

Normally pay on credit card for hopefully some protection, if it does or not, I would still pay on credit(I dont expect ours to close, I quickly add. I always pay on credit card for everything due to the extra protection it may provide for any purchase)

What our club did this year was give away four ball vouchers to the first 20 members to pay up front before 1st march. Voucher can be given/raffled away or used by a member to take on three visitors. I missed out

Job done