Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Cure Putters

  1. #1
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,456

    Cure Putters

    OK,

    I decided to start another thread instead of resurrecting the spam filled previous thread.

    Customer Service

    Firstly I have to comment on the customer service offered by Paul of Cure Putters. This guy not only knows his stuff he has a passion for what he is selling and knows how to win customers and treats the customer as "king". I had nine separate emails going back and forth with him, each time he replied quickly and answered all my queries and questions. He wanted to know why I was interested in Cure putters and what my typical "miss" was and he offered his thoughts and advice.

    After my discussion via emails all I really had to do was decide what model I wanted. I then phoned Paul once I had made up my mind to place the order. I told him what I had decided and why. Paul to his credit was never "pushy" and wanted to assist my decision making, so much so he questioned the model I had chosen and told me that he wasn't going to send me my putter just yet. Instead he told me he'd send me a demo head of the model I wanted (and the offset shaft) plus he would send me a demo model of the putter he was recommending for me plus a straight shaft so I could compare heads, switch shafts etc to make sure I was happy with what I was buying.

    This was dispatched the same day via DHL. Sadly the "Beast from the East" decided to interrupt my delivery and it was stuck somewhere between Edinburgh and Glasgow depot for two days.

    Putter(s)


    Now don't get me wrong these putters are BIG. They are way bigger than anything I've putted with before and I'm a mallet guy! However they are different and I like different. They stand out and scream look at me. Kinda like a Ping Lil B all messed up on steroids!

    The next thing I noticed was the weight when I took them out of the box. Again I like a heavy putter so this really appealed to me and once I got the shaft in it and had a couple of swooshes on the carpet I was "wow" this is crazy easy to stroke. The weight and size just promote "smooth" there is very little chance of losing the head in the stroke, your hands and wrists are quietened to passive.

    Fun time at the Indoor

    Today was demo day. A wee trip to the Indoor golf academy (bit cold outside) and an hour on the putting green was just enough to whet the appetite. For something "so big" (remember I do like big) there is absolutely no loss of feel off the putter face, I totally appreciate that feel is subjective and what I feel and like will not necessarily be what you feel and like. The feel and acoustics are very nice. A lovely wee high pitched "ping" off the face.

    Alignment is also super easy with the lines on the rear and the white line on the top line also easily aids squaring the face at address, very quickly and easily shows you if your face is open or shut at address.

    Without going into a putt by putt explanation of the Cure Putter all I will say is it does what it says on the tin. The extremely high MOI keeps the putter very square and resists twisting. I found it very difficult to "engage the hands or wrists" the weight and size of the putter did the work. Despite the weight I found it easy to control distance, I holed out very well and look forward to further sessions and course work. This putter is great.

    Hopefully get onto the course tomorrow or Friday and I can have a trial run on grass.
    Last edited by Jacko_G; 07-Mar-2018 at 16:57.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  2. #2
    Tour Winner Maninblack4612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    3,371

    Re: Cure Putters

    I could have written what the OP said about the feel. Looking at the head & feeling the weight you'd think the ball would fly off the face but it doesn't, long putts are easy to judge & for short ones you just take the putter back & virtually let it fall back under its own weight.

    It wouldn't surprise me if your putting under 4 to 5 feet shows a distinct improvement. I love my RX4 & can't wait to try it on fast summer greens.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Oban Devotion 6 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 10 @ SSGC.co.uk (9.5, whole season to get back to single figures)

  3. #3
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    19,361

    Re: Cure Putters

    Funny but I've had mine a few weeks and find it really good for long putts but it hasn't helped on the shorter putts say from 5 foot. To be fair the weather has been pretty poor and the greens iffy but I do need to sink more short putts to make a permanent switch.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  4. #4
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: Cure Putters

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Funny but I've had mine a few weeks and find it really good for long putts but it hasn't helped on the shorter putts say from 5 foot. To be fair the weather has been pretty poor and the greens iffy but I do need to sink more short putts to make a permanent switch.

    It's good to hear different opinions and experiences. I'm going to get out on Friday, tomorrow looks a bit ropey here but Friday looking good at present.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  5. #5
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    11,939

    Re: Cure Putters

    I tried them on Holiday, found them odd just due to size but agree with everything you say on hands and feel. Didn’t fix my old yippy stroke though.

  6. #6
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: Cure Putters

    First outing with the RX5 with offset shaft. This is my preferred combination, the offset shaft just suits my eye and set up better than the straight centre shaft. I also favour the bigger head of the RX5 over the RX4. Again this is just personal preference.

    Lovely day to be on the links today, forget trying out a new putter, life is good when your on the course, stiff breeze, 7 degrees but the sun is in the sky. The greens had been cored again sadly however they had also been rolled and cut this morning so they were running pretty well, better than most cored greens would have. Yes you got the occasional bump or hop off line but that's to be expected in early March.

    I love how this putter just inspires confidence when its behind the ball. It is easy to line up and the feel is as good as anything else I have tried, if not better. The thing I did notice on the putting green was that I had to make sure that I still stroked the putt as I left the first few short expecting the weight of the putter to do the work. It is quite bizarre and I'm not sure how best to explain it as you sort of expect the meaty weight of the putter to blast the ball hole ward! It doesn't and you actually need to stroke it like any other putter!

    Rolling in an 8 footer for a 3 on the first sort of enhances the honeymoon period of any putter. That grabbed the attention of both my playing partners who were instantly curios as to what I was using.

    The roll is excellent, very little skidding to start the ball rolling.

    Again I won't bore the pants off you with a blow by blow account of my putting. It wasn't wonderful but it was solid. 32 putts with no three putts on cored greens is more than decent for a guy of my limited ability. I did slightly pull a putt on 16 which missed low. That sort of brought home to me that despite the high MOI etc you still need to make a half decent stroke to get the ball in the hole.

    Once I return the demo and exchange it for my nice new shiny putter I will upgrade the grip, its just a wee bit to thin for my liking.

    Early days but its £190 well spent.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  7. #7
    Challenge Tour Pro HDID Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bonnybridge
    Posts
    727

    Re: Cure Putters

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    First outing with the RX5 with offset shaft. This is my preferred combination, the offset shaft just suits my eye and set up better than the straight centre shaft. I also favour the bigger head of the RX5 over the RX4. Again this is just personal preference.

    Lovely day to be on the links today, forget trying out a new putter, life is good when your on the course, stiff breeze, 7 degrees but the sun is in the sky. The greens had been cored again sadly however they had also been rolled and cut this morning so they were running pretty well, better than most cored greens would have. Yes you got the occasional bump or hop off line but that's to be expected in early March.

    I love how this putter just inspires confidence when its behind the ball. It is easy to line up and the feel is as good as anything else I have tried, if not better. The thing I did notice on the putting green was that I had to make sure that I still stroked the putt as I left the first few short expecting the weight of the putter to do the work. It is quite bizarre and I'm not sure how best to explain it as you sort of expect the meaty weight of the putter to blast the ball hole ward! It doesn't and you actually need to stroke it like any other putter!

    Rolling in an 8 footer for a 3 on the first sort of enhances the honeymoon period of any putter. That grabbed the attention of both my playing partners who were instantly curios as to what I was using.

    The roll is excellent, very little skidding to start the ball rolling.

    Again I won't bore the pants off you with a blow by blow account of my putting. It wasn't wonderful but it was solid. 32 putts with no three putts on cored greens is more than decent for a guy of my limited ability. I did slightly pull a putt on 16 which missed low. That sort of brought home to me that despite the high MOI etc you still need to make a half decent stroke to get the ball in the hole.

    Once I return the demo and exchange it for my nice new shiny putter I will upgrade the grip, its just a wee bit to thin for my liking.

    Early days but its £190 well spent.
    1st dibs when your selling Crawford lol, seriously let me have a swing the next time I see you.
    Taylormade M2 Driver
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood
    Taylormade M2 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP30 4-PW Irons
    Bettinardi 52o H2 Forged Wedge
    Bettinardi 56o H2 Forged Wedge
    Bettinardi 60o H2 Forged Wedge
    Ping Ketsch Candence TR 355g Putter

    Titleist Pro V1

    Member of-
    http://www.glenberviegolfclub.com
    http://machrihanishdunes.com/

    Handicap 19

  8. #8
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,808

    Re: Cure Putters

    How do they fly?

  9. #9
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: Cure Putters

    Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    How do they fly?
    Very cheap.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  10. #10
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: Cure Putters

    Quote Originally Posted by HDID Kenny View Post
    1st dibs when your selling Crawford lol, seriously let me have a swing the next time I see you.
    I'm sure we'll get a game on the links over the next few weeks Kenny.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018

Mickelson “Embarrassed And Disappointed” After US Open Penalty

The five-time major winner has revealed that he is embarrassed and disappointed by his episode last week

June 20, 2018

Why Do Golfers Shout Fore?

What is the etymology of this golfing word of warning?

June 20, 2018