Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hacker

Re: Does brand loyalty affect your game.

By luck and bargain hunting, I'm reasonably Ping heavy, but I'd play any brand if I had found sticks I like at the right price.

Tour Winner

Change my equipment far too often to ever develop any Brand Loyalty.

Currently in a Srixon bag I have Callaway, Titleist, Mizuno, Cleveland and Wilson Staff clubs.

Doesn't improve my game but it makes me happy!

I hope not.......................
    H/cap 6.7,

Club Champion

Not sure why there is the assumption that having all of one brand means you don't have a good fit?

If you went to any of the big manufactures for a full fitting they would test you with lots of different shafts, heads, lie angles etc. You could even go as far as different style of putters and wedge bounces.

You could argue that someone who went through that process might have a better fit than someone who walks into AG and picks up 5 different brands with stock shafts and goes yeah I like that one today.

I have a mixed bag and it works for me but don't discount people that only play ping etc as narrow minded because they could have an excellent fit.

I suppose yes and no, my irons and metals are Mizuno, wedges Cleveland, putter Edel, ball Srixon, bag and trolley Motocaddy. My golfing clothes are whatever I like and fits, shoes will always be Footjoy, as I had a shoe fitting with them and know what size I need in the various models they produce and they are extremely comfortable.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickrat View Post
    Not sure why there is the assumption that having all of one brand means you don't have a good fit?

If you went to any of the big manufactures for a full fitting they would test you with lots of different shafts, heads, lie angles etc. You could even go as far as different style of putters and wedge bounces.

You could argue that someone who went through that process might have a better fit than someone who walks into AG and picks up 5 different brands with stock shafts and goes yeah I like that one today.

I have a mixed bag and it works for me but don't discount people that only play ping etc as narrow minded because they could have an excellent fit.
    Good point. Most of the big companies have a wide range now to suit every level of player. From pro to hacker.
    Titleist 915 D3 7.5*
    Titleist 915 15*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid ( or ping I25 3 iron)
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Vokey SM 5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Odyssey prototype 2ball black series putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--(2018)8.2...7.6...8.2....7.2..... 6.8

A Tour Pro being tied to one brand won't be an issue, especially someone like Rory. If the off-the-shelf equipment can't be fit to them to fit the numbers they want to see, they'll just build something to their specifications - like the Rors Irons created by TM for example. The top brands are also so similar in terms of performance that the Tour fitters will be able to dial every club in to fit exactly what they want to see.

As for my bag, not tied to one brand. Have a TM Driver, Callaway FW and Hybrid, Nike Irons, a Titleist and Callaway wedge and a Scotty putter. I go performance based rather than brand.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

I've been in both camps and it's made no difference to my scores, only my bank account. It was nice to see all one brand for a while but I didn't care after a while and now go with what I like/fits my budget. I'd bet if those playing for their living had their way ALL bags would be mixed.
    Taylormade M1 12° Fujikura Pro 56r - Taylormade M2 16.5° TM REAX 55r - Taylormade M1 19° Kuro Kage 70FWr - Taylormade M2 Hybrid 19° - Ping G Crossover 4 - Titleist 695MB's - Vokey SM6 56° S-Grind, SM6 60° M-Grind - Odyssey Works Two-Ball (red) - ProV1x - Hcp: 3

I am brand loyal to a point; I've tended to stick with brands like Cobra, Callaway, Mizuno, Ping, Srixon/Cleveland, Taylormade, Titleist and haven't really given much thought to the other lesser brands - maybe I should, probably cost less and work just as well.
    Driver: CALLAWAY XR 9.5° ♠ Fairway: CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 16° ♠ Hybrid: CALLAWAY XR 19°/22º ♠ Irons: MIZUNO JPX EZ Forged 5-PW ♠ Wedges: CALLAWAY MD3 52°/58° ♠ Putter: BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE #8 ♠ Ball: CALLAWAY CHROME SOFT

I quite like being an unofficial amateur brand ambassador...
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...