Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Warm socks needed - recommendations?

Not for golf, although I'm sure some would want them for that.

Its at the match. When sitting/standing still my feet go like blocks of ice. I had 3 pairs of socks on on Saturday night - still cold.

Come on I bought the sealskinz for when wet, but need some socks that Scott of the Antartic would have said "oooo, peachy".

Recommendations?

Re: Warm socks needed - recommendations?

You are always going to suffer when stood or sat still as the blood is not flowing and you are on concrete at a football match, the worst surface for cold. I tend to get my thick socks from somewhere like Matalan, current ones are Jeep branded but I think they have Caterpillar ones as well that look the same. Walking socks from Mountain Warehouse also do a good job. I would go thin pair first followed by a thick pair and wear walking boots, thick sole. If I was in wellies I would go thin socks, thick socks plus a ridiculously thick pair of thermal socks I bought from Mountain Warehouse. They are great in wellies but too thick for normal use.

On a really wicked day have you thought of using some of those foot warmer things, similar to the hand warmers we golfers use. My sister went to Norway to see the northern lights and bought some. She said they were fantastic, as the hand ones are to be fair. They are cheap, the cost of a pint will buy you a few pairs and see you through to the warm weather.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Smartwool extra heavy mountaineering socks will help - bit pricey though.

Journeyman Pro

Could I be bold and suggest a different path, getting some different footwear(thick soles and 'fur' lined, for instance dickies boots are brilliant, much better than shoes, trainers or top eye shoes).

Socks have never done much to keep my feet warm, tried muitlple, thick, football, thermal, all with not much success.

Cold feet?!!
    I thought all you nirth of Watford were Vikings! Take your shirt off like the proper northerners do! That’ll at least distract you from your feet being cold!
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

Club Champion

Uniqlo heat tech socks. Never had cold feet in them.

Tour Winner

Electric heated insoles ?

https://www.keisapparel.co.uk/produc...eated-insoles/

I have a pair of their electric gloves for the motorbike. They work a treat...
    Handicap Challenge - 19.3 (29 May)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    Cold feet?!!
    I thought all you nirth of Watford were Vikings! Take your shirt off like the proper northerners do! That’ll at least distract you from your feet being cold!
    erm no thanks deffo keep yer shirt on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Not for golf, although I'm sure some would want them for that.

Its at the match. When sitting/standing still my feet go like blocks of ice. I had 3 pairs of socks on on Saturday night - still cold.

Come on I bought the sealskinz for when wet, but need some socks that Scott of the Antartic would have said "oooo, peachy".

Recommendations?
    Ive found if I wear Trainers the only thing that's going to stop the cold is Alcohol.

Walking Boots are the way forward. Chunky soles and most have an arch in the middle so there isn't much contact with the Floor.
    Got some Brasher Socks too but it's the boots that make the Difference.

I suffer with the cold at the match...3 coats, 2 Snoods, Gloves and a Bobble hat is the Norm.

Battery heated socks... Usually come in at about £10-£15 a pair. Used to have them when I was a greasy biker. You can buy some that connect to a 12v system on a bike but they might not be too keen on you using a scrambler in the Kop.
    Give it big humpties