Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsman View Post
    Crikey! How come you have no comps ? Is there nothing on at weekends - or is it that you can't get to them?

Ps: What's your current h/c ? I'm not that far different to what you were back at the start (19.6 if l recall?). I'll use your current as a target and if i don't get (or stay) under that, then I'll cough up also.
    I moved clubs from Whickham GC which had weekly mid week medal, Saturday comps and Sunday Stableford comps, to Close House, but only as member of the Filly course, all the comps at Close House are for the full members on the Colt course.

As mentioned above the only competition I could play in is the midweek sweep, but you need to be off before 17:00hrs and I've no chance as I'm at work. I did play in one as myself and Kraxx had the Wednesday off and I got 0.1 back so I'm now 19.7 (20). Looking at the course competition calendar there are two sweeps on Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th August and those are the only two I could realistically play in.

We feel kind of conned, as when we applied we were told there were plenty of competitions to keep a handicap, but we won't told it would be a sweep only with 99% played during a normal persons working hours mid week.

To play in the competitions and keep a handicap I would have to become a full member and at £2,400 per year, I'll not bother.

It very likely that when this membership is up for renewal in October I won't be renewing, unless members of Close House that play the Filly only get a competition to play in.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    I moved clubs from Whickham GC which had weekly mid week medal, Saturday comps and Sunday Stableford comps, to Close House, but only as member of the Filly course, all the comps at Close House are for the full members on the Colt course.

As mentioned above the only competition I could play in is the midweek sweep, but you need to be off before 17:00hrs and I've no chance as I'm at work. I did play in one as myself and Kraxx had the Wednesday off and I got 0.1 back so I'm now 19.7 (20). Looking at the course competition calendar there are two sweeps on Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th August and those are the only two I could realistically play in.

We feel kind of conned, as when we applied we were told there were plenty of competitions to keep a handicap, but we won't told it would be a sweep only with 99% played during a normal persons working hours mid week.

To play in the competitions and keep a handicap I would have to become a full member and at £2,400 per year, I'll not bother.

It very likely that when this membership is up for renewal in October I won't be renewing, unless members of Close House that play the Filly only get a competition to play in.
    Dave..put supplementary cards in.
    We have very few comps available to us as 5 dayers at the Zoo.
    Maximum of 6!
    Already missed 2 due to weather and work and missing another for Robin's bash at Coventry.
    From next month, all 3 of us are doing 2 or more supplementaries a month.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Dave..put supplementary cards in.
    We have very few comps available to us as 5 dayers at the Zoo.
    Maximum of 6!
    Already missed 2 due to weather and work and missing another for Robin's bash at Coventry.
    From next month, all 3 of us are doing 2 or more supplementaries a month.
    Good point, I'd forgotten about doing that, I'll enquire how I go about doing that at Close house.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post

Ah - l see. Not good really.

But the supplementary cards is a reasonable option. And in any case, after an awful performance in Saturdays comp, I'm heading in your direction - up to 19.3 now
    Handicap Challenge - 19.3 (29 May)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

A little .2 shaved off so back to 11.5

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jobr1850 View Post
    Shot a net 66 yesterday so my first ever cut will be coming today I assume
    A 43point and a high 30's in two rounds in a board comp last weekend has seen me cut to 17.6 - least i still just get a shot a hole.
    A bag of Ping sticks Member at Knole Park, Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdouble View Post
    A little .2 shaved off so back to 11.5
    Nice one mate 🤕
    Played in a team comp last weekend, would have scored 40 points if I was in a medal but hey ho 😆