Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 142
  1. #121
    Tour Winner Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,723

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsman View Post
    Crikey! How come you have no comps ? Is there nothing on at weekends - or is it that you can't get to them?

    Ps: What's your current h/c ? I'm not that far different to what you were back at the start (19.6 if l recall?). I'll use your current as a target and if i don't get (or stay) under that, then I'll cough up also.
    I moved clubs from Whickham GC which had weekly mid week medal, Saturday comps and Sunday Stableford comps, to Close House, but only as member of the Filly course, all the comps at Close House are for the full members on the Colt course.

    As mentioned above the only competition I could play in is the midweek sweep, but you need to be off before 17:00hrs and I've no chance as I'm at work. I did play in one as myself and Kraxx had the Wednesday off and I got 0.1 back so I'm now 19.7 (20). Looking at the course competition calendar there are two sweeps on Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th August and those are the only two I could realistically play in.

    We feel kind of conned, as when we applied we were told there were plenty of competitions to keep a handicap, but we won't told it would be a sweep only with 99% played during a normal persons working hours mid week.

    To play in the competitions and keep a handicap I would have to become a full member and at £2,400 per year, I'll not bother.

    It very likely that when this membership is up for renewal in October I won't be renewing, unless members of Close House that play the Filly only get a competition to play in.

  2. #122
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    22,532

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    I moved clubs from Whickham GC which had weekly mid week medal, Saturday comps and Sunday Stableford comps, to Close House, but only as member of the Filly course, all the comps at Close House are for the full members on the Colt course.

    As mentioned above the only competition I could play in is the midweek sweep, but you need to be off before 17:00hrs and I've no chance as I'm at work. I did play in one as myself and Kraxx had the Wednesday off and I got 0.1 back so I'm now 19.7 (20). Looking at the course competition calendar there are two sweeps on Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th August and those are the only two I could realistically play in.

    We feel kind of conned, as when we applied we were told there were plenty of competitions to keep a handicap, but we won't told it would be a sweep only with 99% played during a normal persons working hours mid week.

    To play in the competitions and keep a handicap I would have to become a full member and at £2,400 per year, I'll not bother.

    It very likely that when this membership is up for renewal in October I won't be renewing, unless members of Close House that play the Filly only get a competition to play in.
    Dave..put supplementary cards in.
    We have very few comps available to us as 5 dayers at the Zoo.
    Maximum of 6!
    Already missed 2 due to weather and work and missing another for Robin's bash at Coventry.
    From next month, all 3 of us are doing 2 or more supplementaries a month.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

    Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

    H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  3. #123
    Tour Winner Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,723

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Dave..put supplementary cards in.
    We have very few comps available to us as 5 dayers at the Zoo.
    Maximum of 6!
    Already missed 2 due to weather and work and missing another for Robin's bash at Coventry.
    From next month, all 3 of us are doing 2 or more supplementaries a month.
    Good point, I'd forgotten about doing that, I'll enquire how I go about doing that at Close house.

  4. #124
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sarf Lunnon
    Posts
    3,269

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    I moved clubs from Whickham GC which had weekly mid week medal, Saturday comps and Sunday Stableford comps, to Close House, but only as member of the Filly course, all the comps at Close House are for the full members on the Colt course.

    As mentioned above the only competition I could play in is the midweek sweep, but you need to be off before 17:00hrs and I've no chance as I'm at work. I did play in one as myself and Kraxx had the Wednesday off and I got 0.1 back so I'm now 19.7 (20). Looking at the course competition calendar there are two sweeps on Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th August and those are the only two I could realistically play in.

    We feel kind of conned, as when we applied we were told there were plenty of competitions to keep a handicap, but we won't told it would be a sweep only with 99% played during a normal persons working hours mid week.

    To play in the competitions and keep a handicap I would have to become a full member and at £2,400 per year, I'll not bother.

    It very likely that when this membership is up for renewal in October I won't be renewing, unless members of Close House that play the Filly only get a competition to play in.
    Ah - l see. Not good really.

    But the supplementary cards is a reasonable option. And in any case, after an awful performance in Saturdays comp, I'm heading in your direction - up to 19.3 now
    Handicap Challenge - 19.3 (12 Jul)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

  5. #125
    Journeyman Pro anotherdouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,052

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    A little .2 shaved off so back to 11.5

  6. #126
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Bletchingley, Surrey.
    Posts
    510

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by jobr1850 View Post
    Shot a net 66 yesterday so my first ever cut will be coming today I assume
    A 43point and a high 30's in two rounds in a board comp last weekend has seen me cut to 17.6 - least i still just get a shot a hole.
    A bag of Ping sticks Member at Knole Park, Kent.

  7. #127
    Money List Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    5,094

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by anotherdouble View Post
    A little .2 shaved off so back to 11.5
    Nice one mate 🤕
    Played in a team comp last weekend, would have scored 40 points if I was in a medal but hey ho 😆

  8. #128
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    Jim, just going to pay up my losing bet. You are the winner, well done

  9. #129
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,676

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    After buffers and some 0.1's I've had a small cut. Most pleased as started with a 13😭

  10. #130
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge , West Midlands
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

    I finally managed a qualifying comp this week. Up to 12.5 but did manage a two !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News