Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: So winter is to continue

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    The weather will be naff until March 15th - that's when I fly to Tampa. It's in the 80s there right now but I know that will drop and the UK will suffer a spring heatwave the minute my plane takes off. :-(
    Thats soo kind of you thanks... are you going for 6 months by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    Thats soo kind of you thanks... are you going for 6 months by any chance?
    I'll send you the crowdfunding link. My wife has already offered to pay for the first month

well reading the snow watch feeds on twitter and farcebook, there are murmurings of he cold weather returning last two weeks of March and into April. They [The weather people] are saying high pressure is building the same as the last cold period and the computer models are starting to trend towards more cold weather arriving.

Now I like a bit of snow and it was nice to see what was a 'proper' winter for a change, but I really do hope they have it wrong this time, no more snow or frost.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Journeyman Pro

Our course is still closed from last weeks lot

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Our course is still closed from last weeks lot
    links is where its at dear boy

lovely here today

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    links is where its at dear boy

lovely here today
    Pfft, we don't need to know that
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    well reading the snow watch feeds on twitter and farcebook, there are murmurings of he cold weather returning last two weeks of March and into April. They [The weather people] are saying high pressure is building the same as the last cold period and the computer models are starting to trend towards more cold weather arriving.

Now I like a bit of snow and it was nice to see what was a 'proper' winter for a change, but I really do hope they have it wrong this time, no more snow or frost.
    Not good. We were open to day but loads of standing water and course sodden throughout. It can't snow in April, that's the start of the season and The Masters is on. Doesn't the snow know the angst and frustration it's causing on here

Ryder Cup Winner

Plenty of daffodils out in balmy South Ayrshire.
    Someone out cutting their lawn on Friday. Light rain yesterday to freshen things up.
    Turnberry looked lovely when I drove past last week.

Challenge Tour Pro

Played yesterday, course was OK, obviously wet, but the greens were sodden, wettest i have ever seen them.

Hard to play as you thought they would be very slow but in fact they weren't despite water squelching underfoot.

At least it didn't rain but really need some dry weather and wind for a few days to get back to what it should be like in mid March!
    In the bag: TM M1 10.5 Driver; Callaway Rogue 3 Wood; TM M4 19 degree hybrid; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 15.6

Ryder Cup Winner

The farmer has just put his newborn lambs out into the field next to our house, great entertainment watching them.......Spring is officially here now.