Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Head Pro

Anyone else not hit a ball 2018?

Hi all

So have now gone to lay a round of golf six times this year and for the sixth time the course was closed

Have also been to the driving range half a dozen times when it was so wet and or windy that it would have been a waste of time getting a bucket of balls

Am soooo frustrated - anyone else in the same boat??
    Driver Ping G LS Tec 9 Degree 65g S Shaft3 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S Shaft5 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S ShaftHybrid Callaway 4H 22 Degree XR Project X 5.5 R ShaftIrons 4-PW Callaway Steelhead Pro KBS C Taper Lite S ShaftWedges Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 Deg KBS Tour V S ShaftPutter Tad Moore Handmade TMS Tour 34" Blade

Re: Anyone else not hit a ball 2018?

Blimey...if I hadn't played this year I'd have killed someone by now....
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

yep not seen a course (nor tried to), hit balls on the simulator a couple of times about it, roll on march!
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Only hit balls at the range, but that is part of the shoulder rehabilitation along with the physio. Weather has been gash so not missing much on the course.

Only managed 4 full rounds and a nine hole scramble test so far. Weather looking more favourable at the weekend so plan to get out both days and trying to get Monday off too

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Only managed 4 full rounds and a nine hole scramble test so far. Weather looking more favourable at the weekend so plan to get out both days and trying to get Monday off too
    wtf has that got to do with not played? so youve played more than every other week then lol
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Only hit balls at the range, but that is part of the shoulder rehabilitation along with the physio. Weather has been gash so not missing much on the course.
    Same here - had 2 discs replaced in my c-spine (neck) mid-December and am having to take it steady. A couple of visits to range and so far, so good.
    Had the weather of been better recently, I'm not sure that I would have been able to avoid the temptation getting a quick cheeky 9 in.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
    Same here - had 2 discs replaced in my c-spine (neck) mid-December and am having to take it steady. A couple of visits to range and so far, so good.
    Had the weather of been better recently, I'm not sure that I would have been able to avoid the temptation getting a quick cheeky 9 in.
    Ouch

Played mid-Oct but succumbed to flu, and a combination of weather and can't be bothered going out in the cold has meant 1 round at Cleveland on the 26th Jan. 4 range sessions of about 60 balls in total.

My next round will be in Spain next week, and the next and the next and the next and so on and so on and so on...repeat, repeat, repeat.
    Give it big humpties

Have hit far too many balls in 2018 - 3 buffers and 11 x 0.1 increases, not looking good for the Kent Links tour.