Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Valentines, Easter cards, any point or....

On my birthday, rather than buy me a card, my dad gets me a lottery ticket, for the price of a card I get a couple of lines which may end up being the best card ever, or like other birthday cards it goes in the bin.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    On my birthday, rather than buy me a card, my dad gets me a lottery ticket, for the price of a card I get a couple of lines which may end up being the best card ever, or like other birthday cards it goes in the bin.
    Good idea to be honest. I might do that for that missus instead, I'll draw a love heart on it.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • WilsonStaff DX2
    H'cap J/F M/A M/J J/A S/O N/D end yr review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Valentine's day, Mothers day and Fathers day is everyday imo.
    Big Stu gets it right
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Isn't a case of "what would be the cost if you didn't"?

Years ago I sent an ex of mine a bouquet of weeds. The flower shop were well up for it and delivered it. The card was something along the lines of "so we've split up, am I sad? No way b---- I'm really glad". Apparently she was really excited when she saw the delivery van turn up and a couple of her friends were there at the time. Went down a storm with our crowd for having the balls to do it. Needless to say we didn't get back together.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

On Christmas Cards...

I still think it nice to spend a little time choosing a card for a close friend, and maybe writing a note of maybe a couple of lines - especially to friends you don't see very often. The art of card sending is disappearing (letter writing has almost gone) - when actually it is nice to receive a card in the post. Because it means that the sender has spent a little time thinking of you and, just like a card sent as a 'thankyou' for a gift, or hospitality, or kind act of friendship or support; a Christmas Card from a close friend I think is an act that cements the friendship - and very much more so than any Email or Text could.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    On Christmas Cards...

I still think it nice to spend a little time choosing a card for a close friend, and maybe writing a note of maybe a couple of lines - especially to friends you don't see very often. The art of card sending is disappearing (letter writing has almost gone) - when actually it is nice to receive a card in the post. Because it means that the sender has spent a little time thinking of you and, just like a card sent as a 'thankyou' for a gift, or hospitality, or kind act of friendship or support; a Christmas Card from a close friend I think is an act that cements the friendship - and very much more so than any Email or Text could.
    When I get birthday cards for close family I always try and pick funny cards that will make them laugh. As I think making someone laugh is more worthwhile then just getting them a bit of card that says happy birthday on it.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • WilsonStaff DX2
    H'cap J/F M/A M/J J/A S/O N/D end yr review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0

Money List Winner

Did it today and done it every year. This year was probably a bit more poignant. It's not so much the good times that have kept us together. But the bad times that have got us closer. Been one or two of those of late.

BURMA, BOLTOP, SWALK, ITALY. oh am rolling back the years

Christmas birthday and anniversary are the only ones we get each other. No need for any others.

Tour Winner

no valentines cards in this house, went out last night two meals for £10,

xmas cards cost pennies so send about 20 at the most, birthdays for family only

any received go into recycle bin
    IN THE BAG
    Orka GS5 10* Driver, 3 wood, GS5 19*, 22* & 25* hybrid,
    Orka RS5 4-6 irons, Orka RS3 7-PW irons
    Orka J29v 52* 56* wedges, Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo putter

H/C
    2017 start 13.6, >13.7, >13.8, <13.2, >13.3, >13.4, >13.5, >13.6, >13.7, >13.8, >13.9, >15.9, >16.0, >16.1, >16.2, >16.3, >16.4, >16.5

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by full_throttle View Post
    no valentines cards in this house, went out last night two meals for £10,

xmas cards cost pennies so send about 20 at the most, birthdays for family only

any received go into recycle bin
    Am gonna pass me seasonal greetings onto you now and put my card to you straight into my bin. 😁👍