47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

34 72.34%
  • no

13 27.66%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dashcams

Re: Dashcams

Frankly I have to say I'm surprised at the response to this question and I don't agree with the arguements above.

Him
    Constable, I didn't do it honest.
    Me
    Constable here's HD video evidence from my GPS dashcam that he did

Clearly you've never been to court and seen what expensive/clever lawyers can achieve...
    When someone claims you did something wrong and you point to your discrete dashcam, they dont hang around for the police, they leg it so it will never see a court room
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

I replied yes to the thread, useful to prove in an accident who was at fault and if the dash cam could be fitted to work alongside a black box even better. Visual data from the cam and telemetry from the black box.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Frankly I have to say I'm surprised at the response to this question and I don't agree with the arguements above.

Him
    Me

When someone claims you did something wrong and you point to your discrete dashcam, they dont hang around for the police, they leg it so it will never see a court room

I have one, and when someone rear ended me a year or so ago I just pointed it out to him, he sort of gave a disappointed grunt and just acknowledge he was at fault.
    I was never in doubt about the outcome regards the insurance at any stage.

As for the big brother nonsense? I don't get it. The dashcam is owned by me, and so are the contents of the sd card. If I don't want anyone to see it then they won't. Simple as that!

Dash cam. Points forwards. Records stuff out the front window. Could buy another one, pointing out the rear window.
    Most of the idiots trying to kill me do it from the side. Not on camera.

I think 8 cameras should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpokid View Post
    NOoooo!!..To many nutjobs on the road, and this kind of technology is dangerous in the wrong hands..What next, shop a neighbour percy sugden style policing.
    What do you think of post no. 21
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

NOoooo!!..To many nutjobs on the road, and this kind of technology is dangerous in the wrong hands..What next, shop a neighbour percy sugden style policing.

Him
    Me

Do you think your dashcam will help with a claim against one of the ever increasing number of uninsured drivers?
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

What do you think of post no. 21
    LOL...And if Elvis fell off the moon and hit my car ,it would be a good job i had a dash cam,coz no one would believe me...lol..As for post 21..Said incident don't think the perpertrator would have ever drove before to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Having already had one fitted in my van, it was invaluable when a Range Rover reversed back into my 3 week on van. The evidence I was stationary made him pay up without question.
    If they become standard fit, it's only a very short matter of time that you own "defence" will be used against you.
    Interesting comments. Seems that you are happy to have one prove you were NOT at fault with the Range Rover but you don't want one to prove that you COULD be at fault the next time?

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Interesting comments. Seems that you are happy to have one prove you were NOT at fault with the Range Rover but you don't want one to prove that you COULD be at fault the next time?
    Not totally like that.
    As they are voluntary, they can only be used for your defence.
    If they became standard fit it wouldn’t be long before insurance companies would be wanting to use your recordings possibly against you.
    You might also note I voted for them.
    Forever trying.