Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Reasons to be cheerful...

The synchronised cheerleading, from the Olympics, put a smile on my face...

And, hoping the hand of friendship, being shown from both sides of Korea, is genuine...
    Last edited by MegaSteve; 12-Feb-2018 at 10:13.
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    Down to only 24 working days remaining...
    You will love it. All of a sudden I'm sleeping tons better. And when out with a colleague last week, listening to his woes I thought "no not interested."
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    You will love it. All of a sudden I'm sleeping tons better. And when out with a colleague last week, listening to his woes I thought "no not interested."
    Welcome to the club
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5 oooops 17.1, 15.9

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by tugglesf239 View Post
    Use AO.com pal

Superb service and the staff are all legends

Promise you.

(I’m biased tho... &#128514
    Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    I'm not biased and tuggles is correct, ao.com are awesome.
    We used Appliances Direct, after getting peed off with Currys, and they were great as well. Was a bit concerned having never heard of them but the online reviews were generally good so we went with them. The two delivery drivers were brilliant and even though we hadn't paid for installation they installed everything for us, as long as we promised not to mention it in the review we left as they would've got in trouble with their bosses.

Exchanged contracts for the sale of my flat yesterday, complete next Friday.

Now.....buy another property or blow it all on new shinies........

Just back from swallowing a camera at the docs. All ok. Phew. Relieved is not the word.

Still flipping uncomfortable swallowing, but not potentially fatal. Happy days, now where's the lager?

Ryder Cup Winner

15 year old grand daughter just about to open her first business.
    Beauty parlour, she has already rented out chairs to a hairdresser and nails techie and she does make up. Clever joined up thinking.
    She was making up to £200 a day in the school holidays leading up to Xmas and new year.
    Leaves school in a couple of weeks, with a note this week saying that she needs to do better at history

Kids today eh.......whit are thae like.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Got some wall plastering done a week or so back - Tuesday evening (having had walls decorated) we noticed that under a strong downlight the plastering on one of the walls was terrible - really awful - we hadn't noticed it before.

So I called the plasterer and said I wasn't happy. Now I rarely complain about this sort of stuff - things might not be perfect but usually OK. But this was frankly awful.

He came round at 3:30pm yesterday pm; took a look at it, turned to me and told me that it was terrible and that he was very embarrassed that it was his work. He explained why it had happened and then just got on with replastering. It isn't much of a wall but he spent nearly four hours on it and it is like glass. Let's see how it stands up under the harsh glare of a strong downlight this evening.

Reason to be cheerful? - is that I am - in my creeping dotage - realising that many if not most tradesmen want their work to be appreciated, and are as disappointed as the customer if it is not. And so I must not worry about complaining - for if they are worth their salt they will remediate the problem.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by murphthemog View Post
    Just back from swallowing a camera at the docs. All ok. Phew. Relieved is not the word.

Still flipping uncomfortable swallowing, but not potentially fatal. Happy days, now where's the lager?
    Good news. Not a pleasant experience but better than it travelling up from a different area

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by murphthemog View Post

Very good to hear mate!