Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: Six Nations 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    You won't get an ABE from me, I'd rather Wales got stuffed quite frankly. That said, TMO got the call wrong imo BUT the Welsh got a favourable decision on their fourth try last week which had a miles forward pass so thems the breaks
    Were you at the game @Val? - you normally go I think. What was up with some of the crowd starting to give Russell the bird when he put that touch kick long towards end of first half. Yes it wasn't great - but we have come from a pretty bad place in the last couple of years and Russell has been core to that.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

You won't get an ABE from me, I'd rather Wales got stuffed quite frankly. That said, TMO got the call wrong imo BUT the Welsh got a favourable decision on their fourth try last week which had a miles forward pass so thems the breaks
    When consoling my mate, up from the valleys, he did admit [if rather begrudgingly] there was a bit a of goes round comes around about the TMO decision...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Were you at the game @Val? - you normally go I think. What was up with some of the crowd starting to give Russell the bird when he put that touch kick long towards end of first half. Yes it wasn't great - but we have come from a pretty bad place in the last couple of years and Russell has been core to that.
    I was, Finn always plays with a smile and smirk, some think itís a bit cocky when his game isnít at its best and take issue with it. Itís the way he always has played, laugh it off and say iíll get it next time. Iíd rather our guys did that.

Weíre in a decent place just now but still a bit short of quality and belief at times but itís coming.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

I was, Finn always plays with a smile and smirk, some think itís a bit cocky when his game isnít at its best and take issue with it. Itís the way he always has played, laugh it off and say iíll get it next time. Iíd rather our guys did that.

Weíre in a decent place just now but still a bit short of quality and belief at times but itís coming.
    Yes belief - I think you are right. Against Wales we let it slip too quickly and didn't get anything back - and so it just got worse...and worse and belief just went - as against England last year

Against the French - bad start but we stemmed the flow and got a few points back reasonably quickly - so belief kept solid. And the game plan changed in the second half - esp when Laidlaw came on. We knew we had to win - playing fancy came #2.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Ryder Cup Winner

Funnily enough the only time I am ABE is when the 6 nations are on.
    Mainly due to historical arrogance by England rugby 'fans' and press.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    ĎBags of this & bags of thatí!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Funnily enough i reckon thats a complete load of tosh - its quite clear you are firmly anti english all the time and you prove it on a daily basis on here.

As for England rugby i suspect your point of view to be false but part and parcel of someone with your attitude to all things english.
    "It's called golf because all the other four letter words were already taken"

And you really shouldnt fall for his normal trolling fishing trip.

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Yes belief - I think you are right. Against Wales we let it slip too quickly and didn't get anything back - and so it just got worse...and worse and belief just went - as against England last year

Against the French - bad start but we stemmed the flow and got a few points back reasonably quickly - so belief kept solid. And the game plan changed in the second half - esp when Laidlaw came on. We knew we had to win - playing fancy came #2.
    Laidlaw played the full game

Ryder Cup Winner

Val.......What do you think of a Price/Laidlaw half back partnership. ?

Russell seems to have lost the plot for the last two games.
    Trying too hard to impress I think, as they say he should do less better.

I just caught up with the game having been on hospital duties for a few days.
    Thought Scotland played very well