Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoooops!

Whoooops!

RIP i7 920 gaming pc

Jan 2009 to Jan 2018

I knew you well, we shared so many good times. I kept you clean and upgraded you with decent GPUs, not top range but good enough.

I had only just got you stable with a new card and a 144hz monitor when I took you apart for a clean. How was I to know the radiator was going to leak and I didn’t notice until after I heard a popping noise. I first thought it was a cable hitting a fan as I saw nothing wrong when I put you back together, how wrong I was. I guess it wasn’t called “low cost liqiud cooling” for nothing. A simple closed loop, long before the hydro series hit the shelves, the same product rebranded to corsair.

I hope you forgive me when I take you to the tip tomorrow, I will remember you fondly my old friend. Its not the end you deserve but its sadly the best I can give you.

I wont forget that I got you up to 3.8 when your “Free” OC was only 3.6. You stood strong at that until just recently, maybe that was the start of the radiator issue. I tried to fix it with a new fan but that may have just made it worse. I almost thought it was a PSU problem but the stability at lower clocks was found to lose me just 10fps at worst.

Looking back I wont forget my first CS:S 5 man, I wont forget my first golf game hole in one (the many easy tiger woods console ones never counted), I wont forget making golf courses on you and I wont forget that day you arrived and I first started you up.

My desk is empty now, your parts are stripped and put away until I decide what to do next, a part of you will live on I promise.

Goodbye friend, goodbye.
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Re: Whoooops!

You should get a puppy
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

There is one reason why I have never dabbled in liquid cooling for a computer..........because it will always one day end in disaster ,

Just a matter of time

Hope the replacement is up to scratch👍
    Driver Callaway Rogue
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    7 Wood. Callaway Big Bertha
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter. Seemore Giant
    Handicap 21.2 Whipsnade Park GC

guest100718

spent most of the day quelling the panic of spectre and meltdown accross our esx estate

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheFragger View Post
    There is one reason why I have never dabbled in liquid cooling for a computer..........because it will always one day end in disaster ,

Just a matter of time

Hope the replacement is up to scratch👍
    I doubt asetek saw anyone using one for 9 years though... It did well and the end was coming...

Still not sure if i should build my own or not as I have no done that before.
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    You should get a puppy
    Or a girlfriend 😁

Should I send flowers?
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceBoy View Post
    RIP i7 920 gaming pc

Jan 2009 to Jan 2018

I knew you well, we shared so many good times. I kept you clean and upgraded you with decent GPUs, not top range but good enough.

I had only just got you stable with a new card and a 144hz monitor when I took you apart for a clean. How was I to know the radiator was going to leak and I didn’t notice until after I heard a popping noise. I first thought it was a cable hitting a fan as I saw nothing wrong when I put you back together, how wrong I was. I guess it wasn’t called “low cost liqiud cooling” for nothing. A simple closed loop, long before the hydro series hit the shelves, the same product rebranded to corsair.

I hope you forgive me when I take you to the tip tomorrow, I will remember you fondly my old friend. Its not the end you deserve but its sadly the best I can give you.

I wont forget that I got you up to 3.8 when your “Free” OC was only 3.6. You stood strong at that until just recently, maybe that was the start of the radiator issue. I tried to fix it with a new fan but that may have just made it worse. I almost thought it was a PSU problem but the stability at lower clocks was found to lose me just 10fps at worst.

Looking back I wont forget my first CS:S 5 man, I wont forget my first golf game hole in one (the many easy tiger woods console ones never counted), I wont forget making golf courses on you and I wont forget that day you arrived and I first started you up.

My desk is empty now, your parts are stripped and put away until I decide what to do next, a part of you will live on I promise.

Goodbye friend, goodbye.
    Does it portray my age when I say I understood none of that.
    Play it cool Trigger!

Journeyman Pro

I am so glad that the only games I ever really play on a computer are the likes of minesweeper.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

I still remember my first "ace" in Counter Strike. The first four were all good kills, and then I panicked as the 5th man jumped at me from walkway on de_dust2 as I came through double doors from CT spawn and I sprayed my AK all over the place and finally killed him with a leg shot.