Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant Pro

Re: Dunlop Tour Soft Balls

I had 48 bought for me at Christmas, been using them for a few weeks. Initially I hadn't noticed much difference over my previous ball (Callaway CXR Power), but yesterday I did the first 9 on the last of the Callaways and the second on the Dunlops (9 hole course) and my drives were somewhat (15 yards or so) longer with the Callaways.

Tried the Trusoft. Hated it and would rather use a three piece and pay a little more as a result.

Wilson Staff DX2 Soft are good balls, a step above Dunlops, and they're still cheap as chips. Usually 15 a box, AG is selling them on offer at a tenner a box right now.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cliveb View Post
    The new Titleist DTTruSoft has been getting a lot of good reviews. Several pros have said they are pretty much the equal of the ProV1 in most respects. They typically cost about 17 a dozen, which is cheaper than AD333 nowadays.
    Tried these, hated them.

I've been using the DX2 Optix since before christmas and gettin along really well with them. Good distance, decent response around the greens and soft to putt for the most part. Did have a couple of fiery ones yesterday, but overall, the DX2 is a decent winter ball. I'll go back to ProV or TP5 in the summer though, much prefer them.

Journeyman Pro

dont think I will personally ever get a box of dunlops again though.. as I literally don't have the call for them

I use Wilson staff DX2s and I over bought on them.. use them most rounds.. I still have half a box of titleist velocity which I normally use in bounce rounds.. still havent managed to loose them since switching to DX2s a year ago

now I have 24 TP5s on the way ... I dont see me running out of balls for ages

I mainly use my box of dunlops on my par 3 course where i have the time to find every ball I play anyways

maybe in 5 years lol
    In the bag
    TM M2 10.5 Driver
    TM M2 3 wood
    Ping G15 5 wood
    TM Jetspeed 3 Hybrid
    TM Jetspeed 4 Hybrid
    Titliest 716 ap1 6-PW
    SM5 vokey wedges 50, 54 , 58 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 2 Ball with superstroke mid 2.0 grip