Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Driving range costs

Quote Originally Posted by larmen View Post
    Do you have to use it within a certain time? Like within a year? It seems really good value if you take all 8k balls.
    No, I get a 20 bucket card and they give me another one when its used, I've currently been 13 months and have about 3 x 20 bucket cards to use
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Free to members, £4.50 for 50 to non members

Went to the World of Golf in New Malden earlier today, £9 for 50 balls! I almost choked, but to be far they had a trackman type thing in each bay.

Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!

I was kicking up a fuss last week at £35 for 20 tokens on my card (50 balls per token) which works out £1.75 a token. Seeing what some of you guys pay, Iíll keep my mouth shut from now on! Quality range, floodlit, 3 great proís, chipping green, putting mats, practice bunker.
    ITB:
    Ping G30 driver
    Ping G30 3 wood
    Ping G30 17* hybrid
    Ping G25 20* hybrid
    Cobra AMP 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50/54/58 wedges
    Oddyssey Metal X-Milled #9
    GoKart Electric Trolley

The Essex GCC, Earls Colne, Essex
    Golf Blog: http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
    Blog Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/

£5.50 for 55

Sounds a weird number of balls but thats what it takes for them to make them iint 5 tier pyramids

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    £3 for 40 or £5 for 80.
    Assuming you are referring to Bierton, as you no doubt know, they were £4 for 80 until they increased to £5 last year.
    Haven't been up there in a while - is the old boy George still around? Lovely guy who gave me some invaluable help with my slice.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
    Assuming you are referring to Bierton, as you no doubt know, they were £4 for 80 until they increased to £5 last year.
    Haven't been up there in a while - is the old boy George still around? Lovely guy who gave me some invaluable help with my slice.
    Rarely see anyone up there apart from a few punters and they guy driving the ball collector
    If I go, I go early - might be up there 8.30 today before work...😁
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Tour Winner

Our club range is free but you have to use your own balls. In addition itís a fairly limited space thatís no good for woods.

I have a public course literally on my doorstep with reasonable facilities, but itís just not that nice a place to go. I still use it on occasion but tend to travel 5 mins in the opposite direction to another local public course. They have a really good range, clean, bright, well lit, heated bays, auto tees etc. Their prices are similar to everyone elseís

Small Basket (20 balls) £2.50
    Medium Basket (50 balls) £4.50
    Large Basket (90 balls) £6.50

A discounted range card is also available and what I tend to buy as it offers a better price

£20.00 Credit receive extra £5.00 Free
    £40.00 Credit receive extra £15.00 Free
    £80.00 Credit receive extra £40.00 Free
    £125.00 Credit receive extra £75.00 Free

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    £2 per 30 balls, £4 for 60 etc. Nice enough range with one of those funky ball dispensers that pop your ball up on a tee each time. Point of interest, the range is part owned by Steve Harmison, the former cricketer.
    What range is that ?

Hacker

Wow! Seems like my local range is good value. Srixion range balls

£2 for 25
    £3 for 50
    £4 for 75
    £5 for 125

plenty to aim at with a reasonable chipping/putting green. All thatís lacking is a practice bunker.
    Callaway XR 16 Callaway XR 3 WoodCallaway XR 5-SWCallaway MD3 50į Matt BlackCallaway MD3 60į Satin ChromeOdyssey Works Versa #1