Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

Re: How do you practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Stick it on a tee peg on a Saturday and see which swing comes out of the hat.
    I do go to the range on a Wednesday evening (not every week though). It's an exercise in reducing cabin fever more than serious practice to be honest. I tend to work on my game a lot more in the summer than the winter. I just enjoy it for what it is in the cold months.
    Sometimes it feels like that

My mate took a winter break this year so I decided to go out once a week on my own on the par 3 just to get myself out the house. Mrs is off work with baby at moment into month 6 of 12 and we need some time apart to stop us killing each other lol

This morning just fitted she took our daughter out for a coffee with one the other mums so I left hour early for work and hit the range

Assistant Pro

I almost never use the range nowadays, most of my practice is on my local course during the week on my own. If I'm having a problem with a particular type of shot or breaking in a new club I might practice.

However I think it is probably time to have a session, my drive length has dropped off over the last few months and I probably need to get back to a full swing, I'm probably only at 80% for some reason. I have a Zepp 2, hopefully that will help me fine tune things.

Assistant Pro

I've gone more to hitting fewer shots on the range, and concentrating more on learning from them, chipping area is good. On the range I am trying to get 25 balls, and practice one thing only.

Have taken up swing practice without golf balls at home, since its easier to film.

Real practice though is just playing regularly Imo �� that way you find what you need to learn

Assistant Pro

Structured practice. Groups of 5 balls. 120 balls total. 3 hours of graft in winter.

Summer I’ll play 18 or 9. Play three balls or two balls. Regularly let groups through as I practice.

Range gets tedious though due to people there. Some seem to forget they aren’t alone as they have a conversation with themselves or huff and puff rather loudly.

Head Pro

Range once maybe twice a week in winter, summer usually playing 2-3 evenings a week, maybe Range twice a month

I usually do the range a couple of times a week and I've had a couple of lessons which involve swing changes. I received a new putter today and did a fairly long session on our practice green to try it out. This spring will largely see short game and putting prioritised.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Two or three 20min sessions a week if time allows (lunchtimes) hitting as many different clubs as possible with lots of wedges. Putt on the living room carpet once a a day for 5 mins. A round once a week if possible.

Nothing currently though due to a prolapsed disc
    Taylormade M1 12° Fujikura Pro 56s - Taylormade M2 16.5° TM REAX 55r - Taylormade M1 19° Kuro Kage 70FWr - Taylormade M2 Hybrid 19° - Ping G Crossover 4 - Titleist 695MB's - Vokey SM6 56° S-Grind, SM6 60° M-Grind - Odyssey Works V-Line Fang thingy - ProV1x - Hcp: 2

Im working on a 60 day programme that I've subscribed to on the internet. Thought I'd give it a try as it's about body movement and how to engage certain muscles and tying it in with what my coach is doing with me. It's something new for me and it doesn't involve holding a club at all, fascinating to me but possibly not to others.

Quote Originally Posted by 3565 View Post
    Im working on a 60 day programme that I've subscribed to on the internet. Thought I'd give it a try as it's about body movement and how to engage certain muscles and tying it in with what my coach is doing with me. It's something new for me and it doesn't involve holding a club at all, fascinating to me but possibly not to others.
    Is this the tathata programme?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdouble View Post
    Is this the tathata programme?
    A mate of mine has been doing that but I haven't played with him for a while to see if it helps
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0