Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    741

    It's a small world.

    I'm sitting watching a YT vid called Scotland's Hidden Links and within the first few minutes, up pops my next door neighbour getting interviewed on it, this is from approx 20 years ago, I'm shocked as he was the Caddy manager at St Andrews....so I go knock his door and tell him about it....

    He then proceeds to tell me he's been on Seve's bag, Fred Couples bag, Peter Jacobson' bag and.......Peter Thomson's bag Been on the bag at 7 Ryder Cups, won the Dunhill with Canada, USA etc...what a story, and I never even knew he was in to golf.

    He also wrote a book he tells me, A wee nip at the 19th (Google it) apparently it sold 800,000 copies, and he only got paid £500 for it as the publishers screwed him over....what a great story he's just told me...

  2. #2
    Q-School Graduate KenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    907

    Re: It's a small world.

    That is quality. He sounds a legend. Get him on the forum!
    Hcp - 4.6, lowest so far 😊

  3. #3
    Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Amersham Bucks
    Posts
    10,009

    Re: It's a small world.

    Bet he has some stories, he should write a book.........wait a minute
    Driver Callaway Epic
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    Hybrid Callaway Epic 3
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter Ping Scottsdale Grayhawk 34 inch with Fatso 50 Grip
    Handicap 20.8 Whipsnade Park GC

  4. #4
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    741

    Re: It's a small world.

    I forgot to say, he was also on Letterman and Oprah he told me.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    60,556

    Re: It's a small world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    I'm sitting watching a YT vid called Scotland's Hidden Links and within the first few minutes, up pops my next door neighbour getting interviewed on it, this is from approx 20 years ago, I'm shocked as he was the Caddy manager at St Andrews....so I go knock his door and tell him about it....

    He then proceeds to tell me he's been on Seve's bag, Fred Couples bag, Peter Jacobson' bag and.......Peter Thomson's bag Been on the bag at 7 Ryder Cups, won the Dunhill with Canada, USA etc...what a story, and I never even knew he was in to golf.

    He also wrote a book he tells me, A wee nip at the 19th (Google it) apparently it sold 800,000 copies, and he only got paid £500 for it as the publishers screwed him over....what a great story he's just told me...
    Great story. Bet he's worth having a few beers with

  6. #6
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    17,006

    Re: It's a small world.

    It may be a small world - but I woudn't want to have to paint it (courtesy of Chic Murray RIP)
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    63 Worthy Lane MARYWELL DD11 7RN
    Posts
    6

    Re: It's a small world.

    Really, he is a great man, maybe he has some another story to write again. I think you can help him for that.
    Ruth J. Smith

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    63 Worthy Lane MARYWELL DD11 7RN
    Posts
    6

    Re: It's a small world.

    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    That is quality. He sounds a legend. Get him on the forum!
    hi KenL, it will be really great if we get him on the forum!!
    Ruth J. Smith

  9. #9
    Tour Rookie Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,388

    Re: It's a small world.

    Quote Originally Posted by smith931 View Post
    hi KenL, it will be really great if we get him on the forum!!
    You should probably take your full address out of your profile pal, there's really no need for that to be there on a public forum!
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec end yr review
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9

  10. #10
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,379

    Re: It's a small world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    I forgot to say, he was also on Letterman and Oprah he told me.
    As in being interviewed or in the audience? And selling over 800,000 copies? To put that in perspective Ian Rankin has never sold that many of any individual book. You sure he was not exaggerating a bit?
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Latin America Amateur Championship Preview

The fourth instalment of the Latin America Amateur Championship takes place this week at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile. The winner will play in the 2018 Masters.

January 19, 2018

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled - Two hybrids and four irons join the Rogue woods promising extra distance with improved sound and feel

January 18, 2018

Rory McIlroy What’s In The Bag?

Rory McIlroy's 2018 set-up has been revealed, take a look at what clubs he's carrying with this Rory McIlroy what's in the bag?

January 17, 2018

Clubhouse Honours Boards Ripped Down To Encourage Functions

Haste Hill Golf Club in Middlesex has had its honours boards taken down by the council so they don't put off potential customers looking to hire the venue

January 16, 2018

CareerBuilder Challenge Golf Betting Tips

Roll up, roll up get your birdies here! The PGA Tour is in the very scoring friendly conditions of California, check out these CareerBuilder Challenge Golf Betting Tips

January 16, 2018