Golf in Albufeira

I'm off to Albufeira in June with family and gonna try get a few rounds of golf in. Would it be best to pre book my rounds if so does anyone recommend any booking sites, or would you just turn up and play.

Never been Algarve before & never been abroad to play golf so not sure best way.

I'm hiring clubs from clubstohire.

Any suggestions welcome thanks

Assistant Pro

Re: Golf in Albufeira

I played there once. It was a good few years ago now but Im sure it was simply called Albufeira Golf Club. Decent course from what I can remember. We had to book, it was July. As with most parts of Portugal they were building all around so it will probably be totally different now.

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsearle1405 View Post
    I'm off to Albufeira in June with family and gonna try get a few rounds of golf in. Would it be best to pre book my rounds if so does anyone recommend any booking sites, or would you just turn up and play.

Never been Algarve before & never been abroad to play golf so not sure best way.

I'm hiring clubs from clubstohire.

Any suggestions welcome thanks
    Im heading over in May . This site appears to be the most reasonable . https://www.teetimes.pt/

Planning on playing the two Vale do lobo and one other which Ive not decided on yet .

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GMC1981 View Post
    Im heading over in May . This site appears to be the most reasonable . https://www.teetimes.pt/

Planning on playing the two Vale do lobo and one other which Ive not decided on yet .
    Vale do lobo offer some good twilight rates. Personally I thought both courses were extremly average though

Assistant Pro

Quick trip to vilamoura and you have some really nice courses to play as mentioned.

I really enjoyed vale de lobo, quinta do lago which I got for pretty reasonable rates a few years ago in March time. Going in June I imagine it will be very busy and prices will change but I sorted the rounds out via the clubs directly.

Assistant Pro

If you find yourself limited for time as you're with family, Pine Cliffs (only a 9 hole) is nice and local to you
    In The Bag
    • Callaway Epic
    • Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep
    • Callaway XR Steelhead 4I - PW
    • Callaway MD 3 - 52 58 64
    • Ping Scottsdale TR

Current Handicap - 11.6

Thanks for all the replies looks like June is cheaper than the spring & automatically. I suppose because of the heat

I stayed in Balaia Golf Village last summer on a family holiday. They had a nice wee 9 hole par 3 course.

To be honest this was perfect for me. With the summer heat an hour or so in the morning for 9 was perfect. Plus being away with the wife and young kids I couldn't really justify fecking off for a 5 hour round....saying that I got the weekly pass and played every day lol.

For "proper" golf id recommend vilamoura more
    H'cap 10

Quinta do Lago, much better than Vale de Lobo.... don't forget the Laranjal Course too...

Check some of the golf companies about pre booking, they get decent rates. (YGT, Golf Breaks, Lotus Supertravel etc)
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimjoachim View Post
    I stayed in Balaia Golf Village last summer on a family holiday. They had a nice wee 9 hole par 3 course.

To be honest this was perfect for me. With the summer heat an hour or so in the morning for 9 was perfect. Plus being away with the wife and young kids I couldn't really justify fecking off for a 5 hour round....saying that I got the weekly pass and played every day lol.

For "proper" golf id recommend vilamoura more
    I've also played there, great wee course. I did 18 with a pit stop for a beer between the two 9's.