Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Golf, more boring than Darts????

Have you seen the You Gov poll on the GM website?

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/g...-yougov-148651

Now of course I realise that golf is not everyone's cup of tea but more boring to watch than American Football, Darts, Swimming & Rubgy Union?

I bet they weren't watching the Ryder Cup or the final round of last years Open.
    Ping G400 Driver & 3 Wood
    Ping G400 19deg Hybrid
    Ping i200 irons 4-UW
    Ping Glide2.0 56SS and 60TS wedges
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine C

If you drink, don't drive, don't even putt!
    Dean Martin.

Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

The bulk of Golf tournaments can be as full as dishwater to watch.
    Obvious exceptions are the Majors and the RC but after that, unless someone's burning the course up or you have a real tussle at the top it can be yawnsville..
    Let's face it, to a non golfer, Jordan's trip to the range at Birkdale would have been torture to watch
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

I saw that, I'm staggered that cricket hasn't won. Can't imagine a sport more dull than that, it's like a cure for insomnia.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec end yr review
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    I saw that, I'm staggered that cricket hasn't won. Can't imagine a sport more dull than that, it's like a cure for insomnia.
    Gotta disagree, the boring sports to watch are the ones you don't like. I love Golf, Cricket, Darts, Snooker and Football and love watching them. I hate watching Tennis, Gymnastics and Rugby and don't like to play them either.

I have great memories of watching Cricket when I was younger. My dad got Sky and they got the Ashes down under, it was live through the night, dad and I would have a few drinks watch the cricket and at 6am walk to the corner shop buy eggs, bacon, sausages and do a English breakfast and sleep till late afternoon and start again the next night.

It's all about what you like a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Have you seen the You Gov poll on the GM website?

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/g...-yougov-148651

Now of course I realise that golf is not everyone's cup of tea but more boring to watch than American Football, Darts, Swimming & Rubgy Union?

I bet they weren't watching the Ryder Cup or the final round of last years Open.
    You forgot Formula 1 and horse racing.
    Handicap:

TBH US Pga is pretty dull and due to the way its filmed a lot of the time its difficult to follow for the casual not golfing observer.

one the whole as someone else said if you are not interested in something its not going to make you interested in watching it.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    TBH US Pga is pretty dull and due to the way its filmed a lot of the time its difficult to follow for the casual not golfing observer.

one the whole as someone else said if you are not interested in something its not going to make you interested in watching it.
    yes agree with this, but why would they be watching in the first place you need sky now to view golf.
    Its not like they have no choice.

people just guess in these surveys and pick something they haven’t played imo.

Darts is a pub game not a sport.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    yes agree with this, but why would they be watching in the first place you need sky now to view golf.

people also laugh when we call golf a sport.

golf is incredibly boring to watch for people who have no understanding of the game.

i can understand why people think golf is boring. we're standing in a field for 4 hours hitting a ball onto another piece of grass. because of this many will never even attempt to pick up a golf club

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    people also laugh when we call golf a sport.

golf is incredibly boring to watch for people who have no understanding of the game.

i can understand why people think golf is boring. we're standing in a field for 4 hours hitting a ball onto another piece of grass. because of this many will never even attempt to pick up a golf club
    You are correct with what you said mate. My better half refuses to watch golf as she thinks it goes on to long and it is boring, where as darts, she is glued to the TV and loves it.
    In the bag :

Callaway Warbird + golf balls

H/C 22

Playing at East Horton in Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post

They may remember Golf from its days on the BBC with Tarby and Ronnie Corbett and Brucey
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017