Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70
  1. #1
    Tour Rookie Wildrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gainsborough, Lincs
    Posts
    1,140

    Golf, more boring than Darts????

    Have you seen the You Gov poll on the GM website?

    http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/g...-yougov-148651

    Now of course I realise that golf is not everyone's cup of tea but more boring to watch than American Football, Darts, Swimming & Rubgy Union?

    I bet they weren't watching the Ryder Cup or the final round of last years Open.
    Ping G400 Driver & 3 Wood
    Ping G400 19deg Hybrid
    Ping i200 irons 4-UW
    Ping Glide2.0 56SS and 60TS wedges
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine C

    If you drink, don't drive, don't even putt!
    Dean Martin.

  2. #2
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    22,737

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    The bulk of Golf tournaments can be as full as dishwater to watch.
    Obvious exceptions are the Majors and the RC but after that, unless someone's burning the course up or you have a real tussle at the top it can be yawnsville..
    Let's face it, to a non golfer, Jordan's trip to the range at Birkdale would have been torture to watch
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

    Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  3. #3
    Tour Rookie Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,388

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    I saw that, I'm staggered that cricket hasn't won. Can't imagine a sport more dull than that, it's like a cure for insomnia.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec end yr review
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9

  4. #4
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    295

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    I saw that, I'm staggered that cricket hasn't won. Can't imagine a sport more dull than that, it's like a cure for insomnia.
    Gotta disagree, the boring sports to watch are the ones you don't like. I love Golf, Cricket, Darts, Snooker and Football and love watching them. I hate watching Tennis, Gymnastics and Rugby and don't like to play them either.

    I have great memories of watching Cricket when I was younger. My dad got Sky and they got the Ashes down under, it was live through the night, dad and I would have a few drinks watch the cricket and at 6am walk to the corner shop buy eggs, bacon, sausages and do a English breakfast and sleep till late afternoon and start again the next night.

    It's all about what you like a lot of the time.

  5. #5
    Journeyman Pro srixon 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Have you seen the You Gov poll on the GM website?

    http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/g...-yougov-148651

    Now of course I realise that golf is not everyone's cup of tea but more boring to watch than American Football, Darts, Swimming & Rubgy Union?

    I bet they weren't watching the Ryder Cup or the final round of last years Open.
    You forgot Formula 1 and horse racing.
    Handicap:

    3.5

  6. #6
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    13,721

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    TBH US Pga is pretty dull and due to the way its filmed a lot of the time its difficult to follow for the casual not golfing observer.

    one the whole as someone else said if you are not interested in something its not going to make you interested in watching it.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

    The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

  7. #7
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    TBH US Pga is pretty dull and due to the way its filmed a lot of the time its difficult to follow for the casual not golfing observer.

    one the whole as someone else said if you are not interested in something its not going to make you interested in watching it.
    yes agree with this, but why would they be watching in the first place you need sky now to view golf.
    Its not like they have no choice.

    people just guess in these surveys and pick something they haven’t played imo.

    Darts is a pub game not a sport.

  8. #8
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,453

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    yes agree with this, but why would they be watching in the first place you need sky now to view golf.
    Its not like they have no choice.

    people just guess in these surveys and pick something they haven’t played imo.

    Darts is a pub game not a sport.
    people also laugh when we call golf a sport.

    golf is incredibly boring to watch for people who have no understanding of the game.

    i can understand why people think golf is boring. we're standing in a field for 4 hours hitting a ball onto another piece of grass. because of this many will never even attempt to pick up a golf club

  9. #9
    Journeyman Pro Midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    people also laugh when we call golf a sport.

    golf is incredibly boring to watch for people who have no understanding of the game.

    i can understand why people think golf is boring. we're standing in a field for 4 hours hitting a ball onto another piece of grass. because of this many will never even attempt to pick up a golf club
    You are correct with what you said mate. My better half refuses to watch golf as she thinks it goes on to long and it is boring, where as darts, she is glued to the TV and loves it.
    In the bag :

    Callaway Warbird + golf balls

    H/C 22

    Playing at East Horton in Hampshire.

  10. #10
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    13,721

    Re: Golf, more boring than Darts????

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    yes agree with this, but why would they be watching in the first place you need sky now to view golf.
    Its not like they have no choice.

    people just guess in these surveys and pick something they haven’t played imo.

    Darts is a pub game not a sport.
    They may remember Golf from its days on the BBC with Tarby and Ronnie Corbett and Brucey
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

    The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

LAAC day 1: Defending champ Gana shares lead

Defending LAAC champion Toto Gana of Chile shares the lead after the first round in Santiago. He’s tied at the top with Mark Montenegro of Argentina and Colombia’s Pablo Torres.

January 20, 2018

Latin America Amateur Championship Preview

The fourth instalment of the Latin America Amateur Championship takes place this week at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile. The winner will play in the 2018 Masters.

January 19, 2018

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled - Two hybrids and four irons join the Rogue woods promising extra distance with improved sound and feel

January 18, 2018

Rory McIlroy What’s In The Bag?

Rory McIlroy's 2018 set-up has been revealed, take a look at what clubs he's carrying with this Rory McIlroy what's in the bag?

January 17, 2018

Clubhouse Honours Boards Ripped Down To Encourage Functions

Haste Hill Golf Club in Middlesex has had its honours boards taken down by the council so they don't put off potential customers looking to hire the venue

January 16, 2018