Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Tour Winner Captainron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rural Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,904

    Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Having a look over these and some of them look pretty good. Some however are a bit expensive.

    https://golfpairs.com/events/

    Anyone here looking at going in on some of these events?
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

  2. #2
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    13,773

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Have looked at it before, but looks to be a right rip off.. Trump Aberdeen and Montrose for instance.

    Montrose £37.50, Trump £155 for a Scottish resident on this its £599, whats the other £400 for no mention of accommodation and a free GG rain suit?
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

    The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

  3. #3
    Tour Winner Lincoln Quaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Woodhall Spa
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    Have looked at it before, but looks to be a right rip off.. Trump Aberdeen and Montrose for instance.

    Montrose £37.50, Trump £155 for a Scottish resident on this its £599, whats the other £400 for no mention of accommodation and a free GG rain suit?
    Disagree on the rip off comment.

    yes some are pricey compared to others.

    They had an event at our place last year and compared to the normal green fee it was more expensive but it had easily sold out as the year had 240 playing in it.

    Had as a very good tournament feel to it as well.

    Some events are are very good value for money.

    Royal Lytham at £150 each compared the normal fee is good.
    10 hcp and rising.

  4. #4
    Money List Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    5,184

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    My eyes are still watering looking at those prices.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

  5. #5
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    13,773

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Disagree on the rip off comment.

    yes some are pricey compared to others.

    They had an event at our place last year and compared to the normal green fee it was more expensive but it had easily sold out as the year had 240 playing in it.

    Had as a very good tournament feel to it as well.

    Some events are are very good value for money.

    Royal Lytham at £150 each compared the normal fee is good.
    So you don't think Trump Aberdeen and Motrose is a rip off at £599 then?

    admittedly most of the others are less expensive esp if its per pair, but how much is it for an Open at Woodhall?
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

    The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

  6. #6
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,458

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Disagree on the rip off comment.
    .

    £240 for gleneagles pga. full web page price is £145.


    ripp off

  7. #7
    Tour Winner Lincoln Quaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Woodhall Spa
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    £240 for gleneagles pga. full web page price is £145.


    ripp off
    Itís £240 for the pair so actually cheaper than a standard green fee.
    10 hcp and rising.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37,657

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    £240 for gleneagles pga. full web page price is £145.


    ripp off
    The price is per pair so the £240 is per pair so that makes it cheaper than the full price

    All the events from what I recall are very well priced

    Even the Scotland one is £600 per pair so thatís £300 each for three rounds

    The Wales one is superb value same for the East Anglia

    Woodhall at £90 each is great value

    Only one is poor value - the Brabazon
    Last edited by Liverpoolphil; 11-Jan-2018 at 14:17.

  9. #9
    Tour Winner Lincoln Quaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Woodhall Spa
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    So you don't think Trump Aberdeen and Motrose is a rip off at £599 then?

    admittedly most of the others are less expensive esp if its per pair, but how much is it for an Open at Woodhall?
    You forget to mention Panmure in that.

    trump for non residents is £240 plus isnít it so yes if you are a local you get a better price. Just like we did when we had the forum meet there.

    £60 to play Montrose and Panmure.
    10 hcp and rising.

  10. #10
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,550

    Re: Mizuno Golf Pairs

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    The price is per pair so the £240 is per pair so that makes it cheaper than the full price

    All the events from what I recall are very well priced

    Even the Scotland one is £600 per pair so thatís £300 each for three rounds

    The Wales one is superb value same for the East Anglia

    Woodhall at £90 each is great value

    Only one is poor value - the Brabazon
    I noticed earlier that you donít like the belfry which is your right. But how is it not value (based on normal price). Itís still cheaper than laying to of their green fees is it not?
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Joaquin Niemann wins LAAC and earns Masters start

Joaquin Niemann of Chile fired a spectacular final round 63 to win the Latin America Amateur Championship at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile. The Worldís Number 1 amateur golfer, Niemann has earned a start in the 2018 Masters.

January 23, 2018

Farmers Insurance Open Golf Betting Tips

The PGA Tour travel to Torrey Pines in sunny California check out who we think will do well with these Farmers Insurance Open Golf Betting Tips

January 23, 2018

Tiger Returns As Rahm Defends Farmers Insurance Open

The PGA Tour is back at Torrey Pines this week featuring world number two and defending champion Jon Rahm whilst Tiger Woods makes his first start of 2018

January 23, 2018

Omega Dubai Desert Classic Preview

Read our preview of this week's Dubai Desert Classic where Sergio Garcia defends against a strong field at Emirates GC

January 23, 2018

FootJoy Tour S Shoe Unveiled

FootJoy Tour S Shoe Unveiled - FootJoy claims its latest premium shoe is the most stable it has created, but doesn't skimp on out-of-the-box comfort or style.

January 23, 2018