Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Swings

Re: Two Swings

Sometimes I'll have a really hard practice swing on a driver if I've made a Smiffy of the previous hole. That gets the aggregation out and ensures a smooth tee shot.
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by Yant View Post
    I was chatting to teach pro friend of my mine recently. Said he had a chap come in wanting him to video all 14 of his golf swings - he said he has a different swing for each club.

Although my friend did his best to try to explain an alternative way forward (perhaps one swing as opposed to 14) the customer was insistent. So, they filmed it.

All 14 swings were exactly the same.
    lol - what could he have possibly thought he was doing 14 different ways?? Madness.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec end yr review
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9

PNWokingham's practice swing is the 8th wonder of the world...
    You never see many bugs around Slasher for some reason..
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

There is a member of this forum (you know who you are!) who would hit it much better if he used the waggle before his actual swing to hit the ball. The club goes farther back on the pre swing. I've mentioned it but he doesn't seem to be able to do it. All in the head.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

Club Champion

I don't have that problem as I never practice swing!

Practice swing what is one of those?

Grab club from bag, remove head cover is necessary, approach ball, swing, replace club in bag and head cover if necessary, repeat another 85 (good day) to 120 (bad day) times.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Practice swing what is one of those?

Grab club from bag, remove head cover is necessary, approach ball, swing, replace club in bag and head cover if necessary, repeat another 85 (good day) to 120 (bad day) times.
    I can't grasp people not doing a practise swing. I think I just do it as the most basic pre-shot routine, to focus the mind a bit. If I didn't take I'd feel like I was rushing it, and therefore be more furious if I mess one up.
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • DX2 Soft

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    I can't grasp people not doing a practise swing. I think I just do it as the most basic pre-shot routine, to focus the mind a bit. If I didn't take I'd feel like I was rushing it, and therefore be more furious if I mess one up.
    Admittedly at the back end of last year I started doing the Alex Noren thing, where I take the club to about waist height and make sure it is well behind or inside accentuating to the extreme the feeling, to hopefully try and remind me to swing inside and not come over the top. It wasn't a full swing, just a couple of little half height not even half speed swings, there was no follow through, just the take away and down swing.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Challenge Tour Pro

Played with someone I know but don't play with very often, asked him if he always paused on the top of his backswing he didn't look best pleased and ignored me, it wasn't untill after the round that my other friend who we were playing with told me he had some kind of yips on the top of his backswing and was trying hard to stop this without success.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    Played with someone I know but don't play with very often, asked him if he always paused on the top of his backswing he didn't look best pleased and ignored me, it wasn't untill after the round that my other friend who we were playing with told me he had some kind of yips on the top of his backswing and was trying hard to stop this without success.
    Well it works for Matsuyama.
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • DX2 Soft