Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    My ppd are cat 1 so easy to tell.
    higher caps just let them enjoy it if doing well, only give my opinion when asked .
    This goes for all my golf if someone asks for help I will offer a tip/opinion
    Its nice to see PPs doing well and if I can’t win always want one of them to.
    my pps are soooooo different. they will say "god i hope you don't chip this in. i wont hear the end of it" 😁

I play my own game, and let them worry about theirs. As for scores, if they want to know or confirm the tally after 9 holes then will do so. If they don’t want to know till the end, not a problem. I do check shots counted before marking the score down, but that’s it.
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Canfordhacker View Post
    Which is fine but one of my pet peeves is when they then announce "I make you 44/18 points on that nine".
    Do you mean they give both strokeplay and s/ford details? I have not come across that before. I've only heard one or the other, depending on the format we are playing. Seems a bit OTT and presumably why it annoys. (is this time to start up the old 16 points and 2 blobs on that nine debate, ?)
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post

I'll try and explain that better, your PP is scoring well, you aren't particularly so do you not take forever playing shots, looking for your ball conscious that he/she is doing well...
    I'd be aware if my PP's playing well, but if I'm hacking it around and they are playing well I'm obviously not putting them off, so why change anything?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

I am generally aware of how well my PP's are playing, courtesy really I suppose to show interest in others game as well as your own, additionally we usually play for a few quid so I like to know how I am looking
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar

It is very rare that we have drawn competitions so on most occasions we have the same 4ball. We are all aware of each other's scores on the turn so we know who has won the front 9 money but one of the guys is a right pain in the backside on the last couple of holes. He seems to know how everyone is doing and tries his best to save himself a couple of quid if it is close by saying things like 'a 2 putt here will stitch it'. Winds everyone up.
    Ping G400 driver, G400 5 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 5-PW, Titleist 52, 56 and 60 Vokey wedges, Odyssey White Hot putter.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bay Hacker View Post
    It is very rare that we have drawn competitions so on most occasions we have the same 4ball. We are all aware of each other's scores on the turn so we know who has won the front 9 money but one of the guys is a right pain in the backside on the last couple of holes. He seems to know how everyone is doing and tries his best to save himself a couple of quid if it is close by saying things like 'a 2 putt here will stitch it'. Winds everyone up.
    I do that with one of my mates who's fun to wind up, only on friendly knocks though. "Whatever you do, don't focus on that huge expanse of water you've got to go over" - "this hole is the WORST for your slice as it's out of bounds on the right" - "out of bounds on the left here, but I wouldn't worry, I've never seen you hook it that badly. ever"
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.4

Tour Winner

do most of you keep a writen score when playing non competition rounds? i never keep a score card. i just think " another bogey, that makes me 4 over so far"

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    I'd be aware if my PP's playing well, but if I'm hacking it around and they are playing well I'm obviously not putting them off, so why change anything?
    You're obviously not putting them off ? Well the way things normally happen is we all start off serious and try our hardest but if say after 8-10 holes one knows they are capping about one normally doesn't try as hard, concentration goes, time spent over a shot lessons and generally one doesn't care as much....generally but if you give it the Tiger game every shot regardless of shooting 68 or 168 then hats off to you.

Yes if I am marking their card