Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

Are you aware of your PP's score ??

This obviously a strokeplay thing but are you aware of how well your play partner is playing ?? For example, if he is playing well within his handicap and is looking at recording a good score and if you are aware of it do you then be respectful of his round ??

I'll try and explain that better, your PP is scoring well, you aren't particularly so do you not take forever playing shots, looking for your ball conscious that he/she is doing well...

Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

Yes generally, you can usually tell when they go deathly quiet on the tee box and start taking ages over shots
    On the flip side I've sometimes been unaware that I'm on a decent score, not that it happens often.
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    This obviously a strokeplay thing but are you aware of how well your play partner is playing ?? For example, if he is playing well within his handicap and is looking at recording a good score and if you are aware of it do you then be respectful of his round ??

I'll try and explain that better, your PP is scoring well, you aren't particularly so do you not take forever playing shots, looking for your ball conscious that he/she is doing well...
    You should be! if its just two of you in a comp you would be marking his card!

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    You should be! if its just two of you in a comp you would be marking his card!

Ach we just guess scores and mark up at the end, no been caught yet

I don't really pay attention to those I'm playing with in terms of how well they're playing. Tend to focus on my own game, then at the end when we tot up the scores I'll be surprised to learn my mate has played an absolute blinder, or had a shocker. Even if I'm doing the scorecard I just jot down the numbers without really thinking about it.
    Last edited by Orikoru; 11-Jan-2018 at 09:43.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

Money List Winner

I'm always respectful of my playing partners so whether they are scoring well or not won't make any difference.

Part of that respect is that I will never make any reference to their score, whether I know it exactly or not. I will of course respond passively and politely if they raise the subject.
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    I'm always respectful of my playing partners so whether they are scoring well or not won't make any difference.

Part of that respect is that I will never make any reference to their score, whether I know it exactly or not. I will of course respond passively and politely if they raise the subject.
    Yep excellent point, there is no need to mention it, they will already know themselves...

paddyk

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post

yeah if they're playing well.under their 54 handicap I'll probably notice.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    I'd be the other way round paddy. The guy i play most with is off 2 so pretty easy to work out how he's doing, if it was a high handicap of 19+ id doubt i'd have a clue unless he was level par Gross

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    Respect to you for playing with a digger