Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,917

    Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    This obviously a strokeplay thing but are you aware of how well your play partner is playing ?? For example, if he is playing well within his handicap and is looking at recording a good score and if you are aware of it do you then be respectful of his round ??

    I'll try and explain that better, your PP is scoring well, you aren't particularly so do you not take forever playing shots, looking for your ball conscious that he/she is doing well...

  2. #2
    Money List Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    5,833

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    Yes generally, you can usually tell when they go deathly quiet on the tee box and start taking ages over shots
    On the flip side I've sometimes been unaware that I'm on a decent score, not that it happens often.
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...

  3. #3
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    This obviously a strokeplay thing but are you aware of how well your play partner is playing ?? For example, if he is playing well within his handicap and is looking at recording a good score and if you are aware of it do you then be respectful of his round ??

    I'll try and explain that better, your PP is scoring well, you aren't particularly so do you not take forever playing shots, looking for your ball conscious that he/she is doing well...
    You should be! if its just two of you in a comp you would be marking his card!

  4. #4
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    You should be! if its just two of you in a comp you would be marking his card!

    Ach we just guess scores and mark up at the end, no been caught yet

  5. #5
    Tour Winner Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    2,610

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    I don't really pay attention to those I'm playing with in terms of how well they're playing. Tend to focus on my own game, then at the end when we tot up the scores I'll be surprised to learn my mate has played an absolute blinder, or had a shocker. Even if I'm doing the scorecard I just jot down the numbers without really thinking about it.
    Last edited by Orikoru; 11-Jan-2018 at 09:43.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

  6. #6
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    I'm always respectful of my playing partners so whether they are scoring well or not won't make any difference.

    Part of that respect is that I will never make any reference to their score, whether I know it exactly or not. I will of course respond passively and politely if they raise the subject.
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

    12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

  7. #7
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    I'm always respectful of my playing partners so whether they are scoring well or not won't make any difference.

    Part of that respect is that I will never make any reference to their score, whether I know it exactly or not. I will of course respond passively and politely if they raise the subject.
    Yep excellent point, there is no need to mention it, they will already know themselves...

  8. #8
    paddyk
    Guest

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    This obviously a strokeplay thing but are you aware of how well your play partner is playing ?? For example, if he is playing well within his handicap and is looking at recording a good score and if you are aware of it do you then be respectful of his round ??

    I'll try and explain that better, your PP is scoring well, you aren't particularly so do you not take forever playing shots, looking for your ball conscious that he/she is doing well...
    yeah if they're playing well.under their 54 handicap I'll probably notice.

  9. #9
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    yeah if they're playing well.under their 54 handicap I'll probably notice.
    I'd be the other way round paddy. The guy i play most with is off 2 so pretty easy to work out how he's doing, if it was a high handicap of 19+ id doubt i'd have a clue unless he was level par Gross

  10. #10
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Are you aware of your PP's score ??

    Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    yeah if they're playing well.under their 54 handicap I'll probably notice.
    Respect to you for playing with a digger

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018

Mickelson “Embarrassed And Disappointed” After US Open Penalty

The five-time major winner has revealed that he is embarrassed and disappointed by his episode last week

June 20, 2018

Why Do Golfers Shout Fore?

What is the etymology of this golfing word of warning?

June 20, 2018