Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: How much should a visitor pay?

I wonder if there is going to be a similar thread complaining that BMW, Merc, Ferrari etc aren’t as cheap as a Dacia......

If a club chooses to set a certain price on visitor green fees, that’s up to them. Their course, their right to set prices.
    Forever trying.

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    I wonder if there is going to be a similar thread complaining that BMW, Merc, Ferrari etc aren’t as cheap as a Dacia......

If a club chooses to set a certain price on visitor green fees, that’s up to them. Their course, their right to set prices.
    I don't see anyone complaining in the thread, did you actually read any of the posts in it. People were saying how much they were prepared to pay mainly.

Im going to play Portrush in March, only £70. Seems pretty good to me
    COYS

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    Im going to play Portrush in March, only £70. Seems pretty good to me
    Yeah winter rate at Portrush is great. Was trying to get up between Xmas and New Year but didn't make it. Not sure what point it comes off mats though.
    H/C: 14.5 Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Project X Hzrdus black 6.0 . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping I 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Courses should charge as much as they can get away with as it makes a big contribution to keeping members fees down. We are about £75 during the week and £100 at the week end. Plenty visitors over much of the year, often taking caddies.

Unfortunately there are not enough British players so I would like to see ALL clubs in the UK give a residents rate that makes it more reasonable for locals.
    Hcp - 4.6, lowest so far 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    Yeah winter rate at Portrush is great. Was trying to get up between Xmas and New Year but didn't make it. Not sure what point it comes off mats though.
    ill be playing 28th of march if you want a game
    COYS

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    ill be playing 28th of march if you want a game
    I may be up for that actually, I am away in Portugal until the Monday so may need to see if I can get it off work as well.
    H/C: 14.5 Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Project X Hzrdus black 6.0 . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping I 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Courses should charge as much as they can get away with as it makes a big contribution to keeping members fees down. We are about £75 during the week and £100 at the week end. Plenty visitors over much of the year, often taking caddies.

Unfortunately there are not enough British players so I would like to see ALL clubs in the UK give a residents rate that makes it more reasonable for locals.
    JINGS..... £75 for a round of golf!!! I'd rather give up. My thoughts are visitor fees be around 3% of membership fees which can vary between time of year weekend midweek etc and it should be called a 1 day membership. My home club (which is not very good but on the doorstep) membership is £650 and green fee £20 fits with my 3% idea but If on holiday I would not choose to play it. Being privately owned the members don't get a say in any of the organisation. Like the idea of a residents rate but think this would be seen as racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boab View Post
    JINGS..... £75 for a round of golf!!! I'd rather give up. My thoughts are visitor fees be around 3% of membership fees which can vary between time of year weekend midweek etc and it should be called a 1 day membership. My home club (which is not very good but on the doorstep) membership is £650 and green fee £20 fits with my 3% idea but If on holiday I would not choose to play it. Being privately owned the members don't get a say in any of the organisation. Like the idea of a residents rate but think this would be seen as racist.
    TBH if thats your criteria then you will find you won't get a game anywhere, except the odd council course. most top 100 courses in Scotland will be way in excess of £100 in summer.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

You are correct. But what is a fair rate for a days golf? If the take it or leave it then only the wealthy will play the game.