Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: How much should a visitor pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    ...So stop whining, guys. You are in golf heaven, as far as visitor prices are concerned
    Thanks Cap. There's a general feeling that we live in "Rip Off Britain" where everything is more expensive than elsewhere - this feeling is especially prevalent amongst readers of the Daily Mail and Daily Express! It's good to know that there's at least one thing that is good value here.
    • Welton Manor Golf Club
    • 2018: 20.6 ---> ?
    • 2017: 20.1 ---> 21.0 ---> 20.6
    • 2016: 21.5 ---> 22.0 ---> 19.5 ---> 20.1
    • 2015: 21.0 ---> 21.5

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    yep we looked at going last year and it was just short of £200 for RCD and £180 for Portrush, couldn't get our act together so going to try again this year, not doubt it will have gone up

Even my club want £150 for visitors, which is silly money TBH
    Worth every penny IMO
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldArmChewer View Post
    Worth every penny IMO
    prob was, as Coffey just posted a couple back its £230 now.

only a one off i doubt i would ever get the chance to go again anyway
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

prob was, as Coffey just posted a couple back its £230 now.

only a one off i doubt i would ever get the chance to go again anyway
    I was lucky enough that the Mrs AAC bought me a 'significant birthday' trip which included 2 rounds at RCD, I had played it a few years before on a corporate (free !!) trip, but going back the whole thing was just wonderful (my golf aside), getting there early, soaking up the atmosphere, the warm up, the caddy, the course, the clubhouse all in all it can be the trip of a lifetime and its certainly a few days golf I will not forget.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Scotty squareback

I was lucky enough that the Mrs AAC bought me a 'significant birthday' trip which included 2 rounds at RCD, I had played it a few years before on a corporate (free !!) trip, but going back the whole thing was just wonderful (my golf aside), getting there early, soaking up the atmosphere, the warm up, the caddy, the course, the clubhouse all in all it can be the trip of a lifetime and its certainly a few days golf I will not forget.
    nice, mine got me a 4 ball for Turnberry for the summer
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Assistant Pro

I wouldn't fancy paying more than £30 for a round for myself, wouldn't go much over £50 regardless. Even though my course's green fee is £40.

I think fees should be fairly representative of the true cost for the visitor being there, if your course is getting too many then limiting numbers by hiking prices makes sense. I do think a distinction should be made between local infrequent pay and play visitors, vs people genuinely visiting as a "one off" and potential future members.

I am sure it is worth it and I am sure I will play it at some stage. Just find it very hard to justify that amount of money on a round of golf! It looks absolutely fabulous and I am very jealous of your trip. Watched the Irish open there a few years ago and it is just incredible
    H/C: 14.5 Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Project X Hzrdus black 6.0 . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping I 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Quote Originally Posted by TreeSeeker View Post
    I wouldn't fancy paying more than £30 for a round for myself, wouldn't go much over £50 regardless. Even though my course's green fee is £40.

I think fees should be fairly representative of the true cost for the visitor being there, if your course is getting too many then limiting numbers by hiking prices makes sense. I do think a distinction should be made between local infrequent pay and play visitors, vs people genuinely visiting as a "one off" and potential future members.

I would suggest that if you are genuinely interested in joining a local club you ask the secretary about a courtesy round to see if you like the club/course.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Scotty squareback

nice, mine got me a 4 ball for Turnberry for the summer
    Nice too !! do you have to be a 'Genius' before Donald lets you play ?, seriously it looks a wonderful course enjoy your game.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Scotty squareback

Assistant Pro

[/B]

I would suggest that if you are genuinely interested in joining a local club you ask the secretary about a courtesy round to see if you like the club/course.
    I did, had three free rounds at the three of four courses I liked the sound of, and joined the last of the three.

A few places I looked at have "light" membership options which mean if you aren't able to play enough to join you can still get a better deal. Alot of courses didn't seem to offer this which implies either you're a member or not.