Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

Re: you favorite era for Music

Best era for me was from my clubbing and dj days. From 93 to 99 were my best years for music but love House music from 87 onwards to present day and still play it all now.

I do enjoy the 80's groove years plus bits of soul, funk, disco but have to be in that kind of mood to listen to it on Spotify etc.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

Quote Originally Posted by drewster View Post
    Man , I hope our paths cross one day , I love a good natter !!! The poppies were brilliant fun back in the day. ON a side note , have you seen what Clint Mansell of PWEI has gone on to do ???? Wikipedia him if not, you couldn't make it up !!!!
    just did, good for him had more talent than i thought

some of the people i used to hang around with went on the far better things as well. one is a former Turner prize winner, chief of acquisitions at a top Investment bank, head of the Oxford dictionary and they were all in the same twee indie band

I was friendly with the Soup Dragons back in the mid 80, lost touch, but recently was friended by the ex singer on facebook. he used to be a skinny wee guy who married young... check him out Sean Dickinson
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Anyone get on a coach to go to any gigs in the 80's or when ever?
    Me, the future Missis T and her sister went to the NEC in the 80's to watch Spandau Ballet when they were in there prime. A Coach pulls up and Missis T says get on. I got half way down a half full coach which had previously picked up elsewhere and the smell of petulia oil was over powering. I stopped and asked "is this coach going to spandau Ballet", a smelly and greasy leather and denim clad Ming Mong grunts
    " does it f ****** look like it". When we got off we were laughing like madman.
    Ironically the coach we were coming back on left without us. Happy days.
    The best times. Me and a few mates used to work in a sport shop on a Sat. We always went clubbing locally on Friday night so was still a little 'hazy' on a Sat and guys that we got to know through clubbing would come in the shop and say someone is putting a coach on to Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield tonight, meet at 7pm, £15 - see you there. You didn't have a clue which club you were going, who was djing but knew it would be a house club and that you'd get home - at some point.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    When I saw Oasis he just stood in front of the microphone with his parka zipped up, didn't impress me at all.
    You forgot the "sang very badly" bit as well
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Anyone get on a coach to go to any gigs in the 80's or when ever?
    Nope, but I did hitch lifts and train it from Crawley to Milton Keynes and back to watch Bowie at MK Bowl in 1983. Purely coincidental but I now live about a mile from the Bowl in MK.

so much music from all decades but the 70`s for me as Glam rock was a huge influence on my music choice .the sixties a very close second as there was so many iconic bands around then ,THE BEATLES ,THE STONES ,THE WHO ,THE KINKS , HENDRIX and many more.
    common sense is so rare it should be classed as a super power.

Tour Rookie

Love the late 70s and early 80 era, bring back disco and the big hair. More into disco, Pop and euro rubbish but do like quite a bit of soul and dance music.

Also really enjoying the current era of music(last 5 years).

Too much I like in every era of music to narrow it down to any particular one as I it all really depends on what mood I'm in on any given day.

60's were great for prog, rock, folk and pop
    70's for the huge contrasts between synth, prog, punk and pop. Plus the real growth in metal and heavier rock
    80's were a fantastic era that was a bridge between analogue and digital music. So much hair. And stadium rock.
    90's for indie and dance culture
    00's for when hip-hop got good
    10's for... Oh, now it's tricky... So far I'd say the 10's for when people realised how good the 80's were and rediscovered electro.

And through it all there was Bob Dylan - the single greatest influence in music IMO.
    I like putting. (2017 handicap: 11.2...10.0)

Absolute Radio 70's is my go to station...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Club Champion

Love a bit of Absolute 80's myself but will also listen to their Classic Rock station, the 90's station & the 00's station as well - like a mix of music.
    Will also enjoy my 7th straight year at Download this year - don't do the camping though, too old for that.