Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Your clubs tee booking system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    I've tried the BRS on our site but you need a username to register which I see is your BRS number ??, how do you get a username/number if you can't get registered ??
    Over here it's our 8 digit GUI member number which our club will have added to the member list. From there I think you register yourself into the system. Speak to your club office as they should have helped many others.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    No reason they couldn't restrict the times for visitors at the weekend. we don't allow visitors before 10am , these are set aside for members only, Dornoch has the same and they have a lot of vistors. also the club blocks out the Ladies comps on Tues and Thurs and the Seniors Monday and Wed.
    Not talking about visitors - in fact visitors are restricted until after 11:30am (or 11am - not 100% sure)
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    our place is the same tee booked solid most Saturdays until lunchtime, most of then don't bother to turn up
    see this would really annoy - but our problem would be that - in winter especially - the tee could be fully booked until midday - and all would turn up.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 10-Jan-2018 at 23:35.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Why? We are a members club, not overly reliant on green fees but do allow them. We have clearly published times of when the main roll up groups go out so members can make a decision when the tee will be busy/ Turn up and go out. Perfect especially in the summer where you don't have to worry about booking a time and them being late out of work or delayed in traffic and missing the spot. Works perfectly well for us and green fees simply feed in. If the tee is busy just queue and no priority given between a member group and a green fee
    +1 exactly

Job done

BRS for us. Works well I find.
    The Pursuit of Excellence is a Lifelong Endeavour ...

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Our membership voted against a tee booking system couple of years back. But full membership and large Saturday morning roll-ups has us raising the question of tee reservations - and that will lead again to question of tee booking.

I still struggle a lot with the idea that for some Saturday morning I might have thought I wouldn't be able to play and so don't book a tee time - but at last moment plans change and I'm able to play but no tee times available. As a member of a members club - paying a lot of money for weekend play - that scenario has me raising a big red flag - a no-no. And would be more galling for me if tee times are filled with members who can and do play regularly during the week - something not possible for a weekday worker ike myself.

If I want to play I should be able to turn up - put my ball in the chute - and wait for my turn.
    All things being equal wouldn't there be the same amount of players in front of you whether they booked 10 tee times online or dropped 10 balls in a chute. Or is the reality that there's never that many groups waiting

Although a chute system means that your last moment decision to play (what would at best be a social game if another last moment player was available too, but likely just a practice round) could then get priority in the chute over a 4-ball who'd been planning their game for a week

Benefits for both but i don't favour the uncertainty of turning up to suck it and see when you might play

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    I've tried the BRS on our site but you need a username to register which I see is your BRS number ??, how do you get a username/number if you can't get registered ??

Your home club should supply you with the info to get started
    A username/ number, 1 or both
    Or a link
    (Think I was giving a 4 digit number to use as password )

Then you register your details from there

No tee times except for competitions. Normally that works fine. At very busy times (Sunday mornings when the weather is nice, mostly) there might be a bit of a queue. We have a ball sprial thingy that you put a golf ball in when you arrive and that should determine the order of play, but there is always discussions about that ... like what happens if the person whose ball comes up next has gone back to the club house for a coffee? Normally things are worked out by common sense: two balls group together to make up fourballs, some groups might split up to fill up threeballs etc. It is mostly the members playing and they tend to know each other and make it work. It is a nice way of getting to know new people. But if you don't want that, you can just wait a bit longer and go out as a twoball anyway.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

Journeyman Pro

Booking for comps as they are always full Sat/Thu any other time just turn up.
    Theres never a big que two games at most is biggest I have seen.

Blackballed

2 groups would still be at least 15 mins stood by the tee. I'd rather just turn up at my pre booked time