Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Money List Winner

Re: Your clubs tee booking system ?

Quote Originally Posted by selwood90 View Post
    BRS for everything for us. I do like it however, only thing that grinds my gears is people booking 14 days in advance then you turn up to what should be a busy first tee on the day and it's pretty dead compared to the booking sheet. Works brilliantly other than that
    Theres a group at ours that do it. If I’m on nights I book at 00:01 and low and behold they never book the second tee spot available. Almost like they do it on a windup, on a couple of occasions I’ve booked the first slot turned up and others have gone out already. They tried playing the “singles have no right of way” once I caught em up as well. Cheek!
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Quote Originally Posted by GMC1981 View Post
    Could easily copy and paste this thread in to the ‘reason for the decline in golf ‘ thread . Surprised so many clubs adopt the rock up and play method . Kinda makes sense why golf participation is up but club membership is down .
    We have a rock up and play policy outside comps plus a full membership plus a waiting list - tee booking system won’t be a reason for any decline , why would it ?

Could easily copy and paste this thread in to the ‘reason for the decline in golf ‘ thread . Surprised so many clubs adopt the rock up and play method . Kinda makes sense why golf participation is up but club membership is down .
    Why? We are a members club, not overly reliant on green fees but do allow them. We have clearly published times of when the main roll up groups go out so members can make a decision when the tee will be busy/ Turn up and go out. Perfect especially in the summer where you don't have to worry about booking a time and them being late out of work or delayed in traffic and missing the spot. Works perfectly well for us and green fees simply feed in. If the tee is busy just queue and no priority given between a member group and a green fee

Medal Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Why? We are a members club, not overly reliant on green fees but do allow them. We have clearly published times of when the main roll up groups go out so members can make a decision when the tee will be busy/ Turn up and go out. Perfect especially in the summer where you don't have to worry about booking a time and them being late out of work or delayed in traffic and missing the spot. Works perfectly well for us and green fees simply feed in. If the tee is busy just queue and no priority given between a member group and a green fee
    Just wondering if the possibility of 5 to 6 hrs at the club/course may not appeal to many .

Couldn't imagine anything worse ( not literally )than turning up at the course to be told you’ve got an hour wait for a tee off and you’re stuck behind three 4 balls which is entirely possible at the weekend especially if the weather is good .

The BRS system is a big factor in my decision where I play . My last two clubs have used it . A club I’d contemplated joining doesn’t use it and it’s one of the main reasons why I’m leaning to staying at my current club.

Why? Time pressure is a regular reason given for people moving away from golf. With a booking system you know exactly when you are teeing off. No turning up, waiting for 20 minutes, maybe more, getting frustrated, checking your watch etc.

I know plenty say they have no problems but I've been at a club with no booking and I did encounter plenty of annoying delays. I wouldn't go back to a club with no booking.

Just wondering if the possibility of 5 to 6 hrs at the club/course may not appeal to many .

Couldn't imagine anything worse ( not literally )than turning up at the course to be told you’ve got an hour wait for a tee off and you’re stuck behind three 4 balls which is entirely possible at the weekend especially if the weather is good .

The BRS system is a big factor in my decision where I play . My last two clubs have used it . A club I’d contemplated joining doesn’t use it and it’s one of the main reasons why I’m leaning to staying at my current club.
    In practice this rarely if ever happens. Many are involved in various roll up groups on a Saturday or Sunday and in the week (not so relevant to me as I work) and so already have a set time and members know when the greedies play so can opt to join in, go out in front (or at least be on the tee ready to go) or go out after. We have blocked times for the drawn competitions and so members can't play in that space if not in the comp (other than go off 10 and tag on the back of the comp at the 1st). It is very unusual even in summer evenings to have more than a couple of groups ahead and with the putting green adjacent it doesn't take long to have a few putts and then go out. Works well

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post
    We have just switched to Intelligent Golf.

My initial impression is that I preferred BRS, it gives an initial month at a view before you go to the day view, thus it was possible to see days when the tee was booked for competitions etc. Intelligent Golf only gives one day view.
    Ours is doing the same soon. Is it how IG is set up as will miss the month at a view that BRS gives us.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v Marshy77 26.5

For those that don't know, there is an app for BRS now too. I use it on my Galaxy Note 8 and works quite well.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    All of you saying BRS - what does that stand for? And what is it, just an online booking system?
    It's actually named after the two brothers Brian and Rory Smith, we grew up round the street corner from each other in south Belfast. They were more interested in skateboards back then. Made a killing when they sold the company on.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Challenge Tour Pro

I've tried the BRS on our site but you need a username to register which I see is your BRS number ??, how do you get a username/number if you can't get registered ??
    Last edited by Cabby; 10-Jan-2018 at 23:15.