View Poll Results: Will you be a club member this year?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renew membership and remain at exsiting club

94 78.99%
  • Join a new club

19 15.97%
  • Cancel current membership and go nomad

5 4.20%
  • Cancel current membership and stop playing altogether

1 0.84%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

WIll you be a club member this year?

We all know golf is expensive, the clothes, the clubs, bag, trolley, balls an then the cost of joining a club, perhaps a joining fee on top of the annual green fees. So will you be a member of a club this year or will you just pay to play when you can/want?

Re: WIll you be a club member this year?

have left my current club as relocating in a few months, expect i will join somewhere new for the summer, if not this year then definitely next year
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Yes, I think this year is 25 years at my present club.
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Yup renewal in March...unless the place starts crawling with 54 handichoppers, if so, as Theo Popadopadopolos said, "I'm out".

Jesting.
    12 years at current club.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

rejoining my main club, but not rejoined Tain, going to go to Moray as a country member again. someone i trying to get me to join Dornoch as well but not sure on that yet.

Already have renewed my membership for this year. It is only £100 for me though (public, council-run course and I pay green fees and comp entry on top whenever I play). Looking forward to my second year as a golf club member.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12į)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17į)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50į)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56į)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60į)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Tour Rookie

Yep

1000 quid a year well worth it

I've not voted in my own poll, as I'm currently undecided on whether to join a new club or go pay and play when time allows. I played this year from 3rd week in April to September H4H week, I've not lifted a club since, so I'm paying for 12months golf but only using the course for 6months. To be fair that is my choice, also the course goes to 16 holes, winter tees and winter greens, then there is the cold winter weather for which I cannot be bothered getting wrapped up in many layers, freezing my nuts off to hack a ball around what is essentially a wet muddy field for 4hrs. So in essence, down to m own choices I'm not really getting value for money at my present club/course and this is where I'm undecided, would changing to a new course that fairs better through the winter make me want to play into the late autumn early winter months, I don't know, or, would I be better off going nomad and picking the days where the weather is good and my time allows me to play, I just can't make my mind up.

Assistant Pro

Still undecided.

Iíve got two courses on my doorstep . One of which Iím a member of and the other is your typical hotel resort type course . My course goes onto winter rules on Nov 1st so at that point Iíve no interest in half the course being temps . The resort course is pretty much open all year round unless the weather is severe . Think Iíd get more of my moneyís worth . My fees are due soon so Iíd better make my mind up . Only thing thatís putting me off is Iíve had a couple of 4.5/5 hour rounds at the resort course . Donít think I could be bothered with that every week. It also doesnít use the BRS system which I find very handy .

Quote Originally Posted by GMC1981 View Post
    Still undecided.

Iíve got two courses on my doorstep . One of which Iím a member of and the other is your typical hotel resort type course . My course goes onto winter rules on Nov 1st so at that point Iíve no interest in half the course being temps . The resort course is pretty much open all year round unless the weather is severe . Think Iíd get more of my moneyís worth . My fees are due soon so Iíd better make my mind up . Only thing thatís putting me off is Iíve had a couple of 4.5/5 hour rounds at the resort course . Donít think I could be bothered with that every week. It also doesnít use the BRS system which I find very handy .
    BRS is brilliant, don't let anyone tell you different.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.