Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Tour Rookie

Re: Match play or strokeplay ?

Strokeplay completely, I consider golf as a game against oneself.

I enjoy matchplay and sometimes the game is taken out of your hands by the other player(whether on individual holes or the whole round)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Aye, but the main competitions are matchplay, that was my point, the qualifiers is just to get rid of the choppers
    Oh right, I didn't realise that the 2 rounds of strokeplay to qualify wasn't part of the main competition

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Oh right, I didn't realise that the 2 rounds of strokeplay to qualify wasn't part of the main competition
    Keep up at the back eh.

I love matchplay but my game is more suited to medal play. I can easily knockout 14 or 15 pars in a round which is no good in scratch matchplay if opponent is getting birdies and pars. Most pars I’ve had in one round is 17 with a double on the other hole.