Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Managing Club KO Competitions

Probably one of the hardest jobs in the Golf Club but entry lists will be going up soon.

How does your Club ensure the rounds are played by their closing date, or close to??
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Re: Managing Club KO Competitions

On IG the rounds have the date set up and if they donít play by the date the system DQ them both and thatís it

Itís how we also do it manually - there are no extensions until the semi final - if you donít play by the date then both DQ

It'll be interesting to see what happens at individual clubs with the new handicap system allowing up to 54 shots too.
    Golf is 90% Mental and 10% MENTAL

Putting Advice

We have pretty much zero tolerance, unless it really is exceptional circumstances. Rules and dates are posted on sign up, so no excuses.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    We have pretty much zero tolerance, unless it really is exceptional circumstances. Rules and dates are posted on sign up, so no excuses.
    Well, yes... & what would they be??

Hacker

I stopped playing in knock outs because of the problems with arranging games - my partner is on holiday, we can play on the last day and we will claim the match if you won't, or no contact details for example - and the failure of club officials to enforce play by dates. Then there is the handicap thing. My favourite example is the guy who told me he was off 23. That was 21 shots I was giving so I expressed my disbelief. Well, he said, I had 107 in the medal on Saturday. So six net birdies and a net eagle later I'm beaten 6 and 5. Someone told me later he shoots 107 every Saturday!
    My current club doesn't have knockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue View Post
    Well, yes... & what would they be??
    That's for the secretary to decide.... but would be something like the course closed for a week or so prior to the play date. Not much else gets by him.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hip View Post
    I stopped playing in knock outs because of the problems with arranging games - my partner is on holiday, we can play on the last day and we will claim the match if you won't, or no contact details for example - and the failure of club officials to enforce play by dates. Then there is the handicap thing. My favourite example is the guy who told me he was off 23. That was 21 shots I was giving so I expressed my disbelief. Well, he said, I had 107 in the medal on Saturday. So six net birdies and a net eagle later I'm beaten 6 and 5. Someone told me later he shoots 107 every Saturday!
    My current club doesn't have knockouts.
    same here, i'm not sure why some at my club even sign up TBH, one guy even won one of them without playing a single game until the final because of byes.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Swinger View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what happens at individual clubs with the new handicap system allowing up to 54 shots too.
    Low handicappers will increasingly stop entering.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    That's for the secretary to decide.... but would be something like the course closed for a week or so prior to the play date. Not much else gets by him.
    Ah, yes, I see that...... just wondered what else they might consider to be exceptional
    'cos that does seem to be opening the door rather.
    I certainly like the IG facility for KO's, LiverpoolPhil.... neat!!

Yes Mr H I also bother little with Club ones & find it easier to arrange things outside the Club in the Titleist, HDIDo, EnglandGolf, etc KO's....... still loads of bandits though, but that's another thing!!