Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 123
  1. #41
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    137

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    Seems some of you have no consideration for the hcap sec as one of the joys of life being to dq for no signature ,especially when you have spent hours trying to figure out whether it is a 3 o 5 or 8 written in pencil on wet soggy cards

  2. #42
    Journeyman Pro 2blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Happy Leeds,
    Posts
    1,755

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    Quote Originally Posted by oltimer View Post
    Seems some of you have no consideration for the hcap sec as one of the joys of life being to dq for no signature ,especially when you have spent hours trying to figure out whether it is a 3 o 5 or 8 written in pencil on wet soggy cards
    Hooray!!!.... for that man/person.
    It’s never been a case of looking for reasons to DQ folk, that’s an attitude of the dim & distant past.
    It’s more a matter of clarifying the situation so that it is understood by all involved. In our case 4 of us on the H/cap team & members who expect others to bend over backwards to correct their careless errors.
    Many thanks for the many & varied responses... a lot has been learnt... just LOVE this forum 😘😘
    Last edited by 2blue; 10-Jan-2018 at 07:08.

  3. #43

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    Sorry, 2Blue, but you know my views !

    Your scorecard is YOUR property until it is handed to the committee (normally by putting it the comp box) and you are responsible for it. For me, walk off the 18th, agree scores with your marker, SIGN YOUR CARD, and after that you have done your best.

  4. #44

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    PS - to my first post on this.....

    Just like Royal Mail, my view is that - once the card has gone in the comp box 'slot' it is submitted to the committee, and cannot be retrieved. Try asking a man emptying the post-box if you can have a letter back that you didn't mean to send ! Simple rule, for me, post your card, and that's it - if you trust someone else to do it, more fool you.

  5. #45
    Journeyman Pro 2blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Happy Leeds,
    Posts
    1,755

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker-Leeds View Post
    Sorry, 2Blue, but you know my views !

    Your scorecard is YOUR property until it is handed to the committee (normally by putting it the comp box) and you are responsible for it. For me, walk off the 18th, agree scores with your marker, SIGN YOUR CARD, and after that you have done your best.
    Welcome to the Forum Brian.... now behave yourself!!
    2Blue H/cap 10.3 ..... H4H H/cap Challenge against - Louise_a

    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

  6. #46
    Grand Slam Winner bobmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    20,183

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    It's interesting how signing for an incorrect scorecard is a 2 shot penalty yet not signing a correct score card is DQ
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

  7. #47
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,599

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    It's interesting how signing for an incorrect scorecard is a 2 shot penalty
    ?????

    The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified.

    Exception: If a competitor returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken due to failure to include one or more penalty strokes that, before returning his score card, he did not know he had incurred, he is not disqualified.

  8. #48
    Grand Slam Winner bobmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    20,183

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    ?????

    The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified.
    I know

    Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    Exception: If a competitor returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken due to failure to include one or more penalty strokes that, before returning his score card, he did not know he had incurred, he is not disqualified.
    I know
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

  9. #49
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,599

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    So why make the statement without qualification?

  10. #50
    Grand Slam Winner bobmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    20,183

    Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

    Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    So why make the statement without qualification?
    What is the penalty for signing for an incorrect scorcard?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Mickelson “Embarrassed And Disappointed” After US Open Penalty

The five-time major winner has revealed that he is embarrassed and disappointed by his episode last week

June 20, 2018

Why Do Golfers Shout Fore?

What is the etymology of this golfing word of warning?

June 20, 2018

Five-Time Open Champion Peter Thomson Passes Away

The Australian, Peter Thomson, was one of golf’s finest players throughout the 1950s and 1960s, lifting the Claret Jug on five occasions

June 20, 2018

Jordan Spieth On Mickelson Incident: “I Laughed”

The Texan saw the funny side of Mickelson's moving ball debacle and didn't see the harm in it

June 20, 2018

Dad Makes Birdie After Son Finds Ball Down Animal Hole

A competitor in the PGA Professionals Championship at the weekend made an incredible birdie after his son retrieved it from down an animal hole

June 19, 2018