Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Club Champion

Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

Seems some of you have no consideration for the hcap sec as one of the joys of life being to dq for no signature ,especially when you have spent hours trying to figure out whether it is a 3 o 5 or 8 written in pencil on wet soggy cards

Quote Originally Posted by oltimer View Post
    Seems some of you have no consideration for the hcap sec as one of the joys of life being to dq for no signature ,especially when you have spent hours trying to figure out whether it is a 3 o 5 or 8 written in pencil on wet soggy cards
    Hooray!!!.... for that man/person.
    Itís never been a case of looking for reasons to DQ folk, thatís an attitude of the dim & distant past.
    Itís more a matter of clarifying the situation so that it is understood by all involved. In our case 4 of us on the H/cap team & members who expect others to bend over backwards to correct their careless errors.
    Many thanks for the many & varied responses... a lot has been learnt... just LOVE this forum 😘😘
    Last edited by 2blue; 10-Jan-2018 at 07:08.

Sorry, 2Blue, but you know my views !

Your scorecard is YOUR property until it is handed to the committee (normally by putting it the comp box) and you are responsible for it. For me, walk off the 18th, agree scores with your marker, SIGN YOUR CARD, and after that you have done your best.

PS - to my first post on this.....

Just like Royal Mail, my view is that - once the card has gone in the comp box 'slot' it is submitted to the committee, and cannot be retrieved. Try asking a man emptying the post-box if you can have a letter back that you didn't mean to send ! Simple rule, for me, post your card, and that's it - if you trust someone else to do it, more fool you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker-Leeds View Post
    Sorry, 2Blue, but you know my views !

Your scorecard is YOUR property until it is handed to the committee (normally by putting it the comp box) and you are responsible for it. For me, walk off the 18th, agree scores with your marker, SIGN YOUR CARD, and after that you have done your best.
    Welcome to the Forum Brian.... now behave yourself!!
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

It's interesting how signing for an incorrect scorecard is a 2 shot penalty yet not signing a correct score card is DQ
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    It's interesting how signing for an incorrect scorecard is a 2 shot penalty
    ?????

The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified.

Exception: If a competitor returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken due to failure to include one or more penalty strokes that, before returning his score card, he did not know he had incurred, he is not disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    ?????

The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified.
    I know

Exception: If a competitor returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken due to failure to include one or more penalty strokes that, before returning his score card, he did not know he had incurred, he is not disqualified.
    I know
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Tour Winner

So why make the statement without qualification?

So why make the statement without qualification?
    What is the penalty for signing for an incorrect scorcard?