Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Retrieving a card from the Comp Box

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    If you are asking about the Rule, Rule 6-6c prohibits alterations to the score card "after the competitor has returned it to the Committee."
    Alteration to a scorecard to me would mean changing some information that is already on the card.

Adding a signature is not an alteration in my book, it's an addition.

Is there a difference between an alteration and an addition?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Alteration to a scorecard to me would mean changing some information that is already on the card.

Adding a signature is not an alteration in my book, it's an addition.

Is there a difference between an alteration and an addition?
    So if, while you had the card out adding your signature, you noticed you hadn't put your h/cap on...... would it be ok to make that ADDITION?

Sorry, I'm afraid you're heading down a rocky road I'd want no part of. Life's far to short.... sorry Karen
    Last edited by 2blue; 09-Jan-2018 at 15:18.
    2Blue H/cap 10.6 ..... H4H H/cap Challenge against - Louise_a

http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue View Post
    For me the real problem is...... how many other rules are we going to ignore/modify whether that's on or off the course & how will folk know where they stand in any given situation.
    This ^^^^^^^^^ . At what stage do individuals and clubs decide they will personalize the rule book so nobody gets upset.

Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue View Post
    For me the real problem is...... how many other rules are we going to ignore/modify whether that's on or off the course & how will folk know where they stand in any given situation.
    The simpler & clearer the rules the better..... but it won't suit everyone as so many golfers believe its the duty of others to help put right, their errors/carelessness.
    Well apply common sense. A radical concept in a golf club, I know!

Personally, if i was processing scorecards, noticed one hadnt been signed and the player was still in the bar Id just go and get her to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post

Personally, if i was processing scorecards, noticed one hadnt been signed and the player was still in the bar Id just go and get her to sign it.
    I'm pretty bad a putting my signature on the card, been DQ twice for not doing so and both were scores that would have got me in the prizes. Still got cut which is the important part.

but had our handicap sec come and find me and got me to sign the card last time i forgot... no prizes for that one though, unless you count a 0.1 up

this but were massively in the minority, darent even post on the matchplay thread how they operate that at ours lol
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Tour Winner

So, as an official, which other rules do you ignore?
    Playing with 15 clubs because you had left your spare putter in your bag? Taking a yellow ball out of your pocket ans playing it when you lifted a white ball from the green? Or simply everything that was accidental?

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Alteration to a scorecard to me would mean changing some information that is already on the card....
    Has 'the scorecard' been altered? Yes - by the addition of a signature!

Decision 6.6c1 deals with 'returning card'.

However... Some clubs may not/don't specify exactly what 'returned to the committee' means, while others (most) specifically state that depositing the scorecard in the box, or returning it to the Pro Shop etc. means it has been 'returned to the committee' (normally in Conditions of Competition) so cannot be retrieved/altered.

I have heard of a club that (sort of) applies Karen's 'interpretation' and deems 'returned to the committee' as being when the player leaves the club property!
    Last edited by Foxholer; 09-Jan-2018 at 16:47.
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    So, as an official, which other rules do you ignore?
    Playing with 15 clubs because you had left your spare putter in your bag? Taking a yellow ball out of your pocket ans playing it when you lifted a white ball from the green? Or simply everything that was accidental?
    Yawn! No need to go over this argument again, the lines are drawn. Id apply common sense and not disqualify someone for a stupid admin mistake that clearly had zero impact on their score.

I'm with you here.

In order to get round the rules Mussolini's you could, as part of the CoC's state that a card is not deemed to be officially returned to the committee until the player has handed it in and left the bar/club/recorders area.....whatever makes most sense for how/when you process cards for a comp.

Here's Rule 13 from England Golf's General Conditions...

13. Returning Score Card A players score card is deemed officially returned to England Golf when they have left the recording office/area.
    Last edited by nickjdavis; 09-Jan-2018 at 16:57.
    Callway Epic 10.5, Ping Rapture 13*, Ping G400 14.5*, Ping G400 19* & 22* hybrids, Callaway Apex CF16 6i-AW, Callaway MD4 54* & 58* wedges, Bettinardi SS28, Chrome Soft