Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Online dating, anyone done it.

My wife has two friends, divorced recently, who have started this process. Neither have gone on dates yet but the disturbing thing is how many married men are on there, they recognised some and they were definitely not separated.

There were also clearly a number of out and out liars on there, pictures and profiles just not adding up. It's amazing how many Parisian men in their mid 20's are interested in women from the NE in their 50's!

It can work well, I do know some success stories, but you do have to be careful.

Met my wife through a site called udate 17 years ago. Been married for the last 15

Wasn't a dating site but I met my missus in an internet chat room.

17 years married now.
    Ping Rapture 13*Ping G 16.5* 3-woodPing G 19* & 22* hybridsCallaway Apex CF16 5i-AWTitleist Vokey wedgesScotty Futura XCallaway Chrome Soft

Yep, been doing it for 6-7 years now.

Been with people from all over the UK, men and women, some old and some barely legal. Also had the pleasure of doing it in groups, which can be fun. I've tried to talk the missus into it, but she doesnt fancy it just yet. Met some who are very straight-laced and some who are downright wierdoes, but life is a Minestrone........
    We are taking about GM forum arent we - internet dating for golfers, as Junior's missus calls it.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Yep, been doing it for 6-7 years now.

Been with people from all over the UK, men and women, some old and some barely legal. Also had the pleasure of doing it in groups, which can be fun. I've tried to talk the missus into it, but she doesnt fancy it just yet. Met some who are very straight-laced and some who are downright wierdoes, but life is a Minestrone........
    We are taking about GM forum arent we - internet dating for golfers, as Junior's missus calls it.
    And that post had me riveted til the last sentence 😟

Met my other half on an internet Chat Room about 18 years ago. Been together for 17 years, lived together for 13 years.
    Bloody Internet!

Assistant Pro

I had a go a few times 7 years ago.
    Psychos everywhere. Misleading pictures, phone calls and texts telling me Im a scum bag.
    All good fun.

Saying that my missus does this now. Maybe its just women in general and not just the ones on dating sites!
    Last edited by Jamesbrown; 08-Jan-2018 at 22:45. Reason: Typo

Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Ironing? Give us a flippin clue.
    Thought you were a man of the world Tashy, it was gardening. He needed help planting his seed potatoes.
    Mizuno JPX EZ 9.5 driver, Cobra S9.1 3 wood, TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 6-PW, Titleist 52, 56 and 60 Vokey wedges, Odyssey White Hot putter.

Money List Winner

My best mate met his wife through it a decade ago when it was still somewhat unfashionable, they convinced most people that theyd met through Work.

Have dabbled led on the usual suspects, depending on what you want from them they can be great or awful......
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Medal Winner

By god I wish these were readily available 20 years ago . Im fairly certain the little general would have fallen off.