Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf Shoes

Tour Winner

Re: Golf Shoes

completely pointless thread imo. your just going to get a list of just about every shoe on the market.

your feet are different to every one else's. it's likely that we find different shoes comfortable. the only way is to try some on and take a gamble.

Journeyman Pro

If you want to take a gamble without spending loads of dosh, look at Crivit shoes on ebay (or in Lidl or Aldi if they have them). I am on my second pair with another pair in the wardrobe ready for when I find these are no longer as comfortable as when I first bought them.

I very rarely keep any shoes longer than 2 years. I buy cheap knowing I would sooner have 5 pairs of cheap shoes than one pair of expensive shoes.

My previous choice has always been Hi tech.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Skechers seem to be going hard at a piece of the market and seen a few pairs at a local range. Not bad but not my cup of tea style wise. I wonder what FJ and Adidas (preferred makes for me) will bring out for 2018. Fit has to be paramount over and above any colour or style considerations

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    completely pointless thread imo. your just going to get a list of just about every shoe on the market.

your feet are different to every one else's. it's likely that we find different shoes comfortable. the only way is to try some on and take a gamble.
    Yeah quite pointless, i'm super surprised at the number of replies!

The quotes speaking for sketches have spoken to me the most, didn't even think they did golf shoes (which shows what I know)! Thanks guys

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by TreeSeeker View Post

The quotes speaking for sketches have spoken to me the most, didn't even think they did golf shoes (which shows what I know)! Thanks guys
    Most threads on here are pointless tbh.

I know a fair number of people who have Skechers shoes and rave about them, Im likely to get some myself tbh. Bought a pair of their running shoes earlier this year for Disney and they were so comfortable.

Had Pro SL and had to send them back as leather cracked, comfortable but crap quality (acknowledged by FJ in my conversations with them).

Adidas Boost you can get cheap if you buy previous years versions or in sale, again very comfortable but Adidas shoes aren't the best quality so only last a couple of years or so. I've a couple of pairs of these, with my shocking knees they are probably the comfiest I've found.

Ecco - tried them a couple of times but they mustn't suit my feet as I find them quite uncomfortable.

Sort of proves the point about everyones feet being different I guess
    H'cap = 4.5

The pair that you have now you’ve had for 10 years? What sort are they and where can I get some?
    H/C 17

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by TreeSeeker View Post

i wasn't having a stab. just saying that buying shoes on recommendation is like buying a certain brand of beer because your friend likes it. you might hate it.

for what its worth i have a pair of sketchers and they are ok

Assistant Pro

@above didn't mean it to sound like I thought you were, I was sort of agreeing, its genuinely surprised me that its been helpful

I can share that they are a pair of footjoys, "AQL" in brown 10 years is a guess.

Their life has been 2/3 rounds a huge hiatus then about half a year this year so... they haven't exactly shown wear resistance :P just have aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post

I don't think it's totally pointless. I would ALWAYS advocate try before you buy for golf shoes but there is such a large selection on the market that by getting advice on here at least it will help the OP to narrow it down a bit. I thought the Footjoy DNA where comfy (which they are) but too narrow at the front for me to the end result that I have black toenails on the fourth toe of each foot.

It's the same for all things these days, too much choice and too befuddling. I'm looking for a new Smart TV and I always research before I buy. My God! There is such a selection that I need to look at reviews, specs, etc. and then go to look at them before I buy.
    Last edited by Robster59; 08-Jan-2018 at 22:14.

Another vote for nikes. Got my first par last year, lunar vapor and honestly wont look at anything else now. First round wearing them was a pleasure, no rubbin, no blisters, just really comfotable and they just get better the more you wear them. Will be getting another pair when theyre on cheap and just rotate to make them last longer.
    12.5 @ MerristWood