Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf Shoes

Assistant Pro

Golf Shoes

I've been playing quite a bit recently, and the most uncomfortable thing in my "bag" is my old golf shoes, which I've had for about 10 years now!

What do people here look for in their shoes and where do you grab them front for a good deal (the pro shops don't seem the best idea for footwear)

Re: Golf Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by TreeSeeker View Post
    I've been playing quite a bit recently, and the most uncomfortable thing in my "bag" is my old golf shoes, which I've had for about 10 years now!

What do people here look for in their shoes and where do you grab them front for a good deal (the pro shops don't seem the best idea for footwear)
    I wear Nike and generally what til they have their 20/30% off sale items and pick up the previous top models for 50/60.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop 20in the pot.

I'd personally be looking at either the Nike 'Lunar' sole (I have two pairs of Nike), the Adidas Boost sole, or a pair of Footjoy shoes or Ecco shoes. All very comfortable, all very good.

If you're wanting extra comfort, go spikeless, but I've heard they're not that good in winter weather. I personally have a pair of spiked, and a pair of spikeless, but have never tried the spikeless in winter.

As for sales, just wait for one of the current models to be 'outgoing', the Nike Lunar Command 2 for instance. Can you usually find good deals.
    In the Bag
    Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460
    3W - Taylormade SLDRs 15
    Srixon Z-U65 20 Iron
    Irons - Mizuno MP54 4-PW
    Wedges - 52 Vokey SM5, 56 Vokey SM6, 60 Cleveland RTX3
    Odyssey O-Works 1W

Knowing the size I want, I buy Ecco Biom hybrids (spikeless) when the discounts are around, last pair were gortex ones with 50% off.
    Having worn spikeless for the last 3 years all year round, I would say try them and ignore all who say they're no good in the winter. I find having a full sole of mini studs actually makes them grippier than any of my old studded shoes and if on the very rare occaision they have slipped I know my studded ones would have been sliiping as well.
    They also clean and clear a lot easier, and clog less than studs
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Knowing the size I want, I buy Ecco Biom hybrids (spikeless) when the discounts are around, last pair were gortex ones with 50% off.
    Having worn spikeless for the last 3 years all year round, I would say try them and ignore all who say they're no good in the winter. I find having a full sole of mini studs actually makes them grippier than any of my old studded shoes and if on the very rare occaision they have slipped I know my studded ones would have been sliiping as well.

Fully agree with this I have the same shoes which are fully waterproof and no issue with grip. Got mine from the Ecco website with 50 percent off.
    Handicap 14.6 I don't believe it !
    In the bag

Driver Ping Rapture 12 deg
    3 wood Ping G25
    5 wood Ping G25
    GW-5i AP2s 710
    Hybrids RBZ -25
    Putter Rife two bar hybrid
    Club www.hazelgrovegolfclub.com

The best golf shoes i have tried recently are the sketchers go golf pro 2. Waterproof, comfy, and toasty too. Not sure i would wear them in the summer though. Too toasty.

I never thought I'd say this but the Adidas Powerboost Boa I got this year are really comfortable. Previously Adidas were always too tight for me but the Wide version of these were just right. I have also head good things of the Skechers and will give them a try sometimes. Lots of people love Ecco but I never find them comfortable for myself after trying a couple of pairs.
    They are such a personal thing that you need to go and try them on for yourself to make sure.

you can't go far wrong with Ecco if they are the right fit for your feet. TBH i don't think id buy any other brand now. Bargains aplenty esp this time of year. with new models coming out in spring.

I've also found that the spikeless are great for when its frosty. I tend to always wear metal spikes over winter and over Christmas those were clogging up with ice when the course was frozen. So before every shot i was having to clear the ice off the spikes. two of my PP had spike less on and neither had this problem. so now wear the same if its frosty

+ 1 for these - use to wear Ecco - found them not wide enough and had to go up half a size and expensive

Also found them a better fit than FJ - I have a summer pair also

Quote Originally Posted by murphthemog View Post
    The best golf shoes i have tried recently are the sketchers go golf pro 2. Waterproof, comfy, and toasty too. Not sure i would wear them in the summer though. Too toasty.

Journeyman Pro

agree if you play a flattish course but if like me your course has some severe slopes get spiked shoes as spikeless are dangerous in wet conditions.
    Footjoy contour are very good medium priced shoes.
    FootJoy Pro SL spikeless are like your old slippers so comfy but