Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: 54 handicap !

Re: 54 handicap !

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    Been following this thread with interest and completely agree with you rosecott and very interesting reading your previous posts of club handicaps

People really need to get out there and play with different people of all ages and sexes, to see that handicaps of 54 are required. Ladies for instance, my wife hits the ball 140 yards max, my mum similar and she needs a 54 handicap. These are/were people currently playing within the system and just putting money into the pot without any chance of winning.

No one is saying that people will get 54 handicap, most men for instance just wouldn't require 54 due to the distance they hit the ball, but higher than 28 are definitely required.

Why is golf always so resistant to change.
    Oh cabby you seem to be a bit of a troll and just post subjects that you know that are going to stir matters up. I would expect attire, slow play and were to stand are still on your list

For the record cabby just in case it matters, I am not gay, I play of 9, had a couple of rounds under par, if that is okay with you, maybe I don't fit in with your very narrow vision of matters...
    Lovely Cabby's a Troll...... doubt we'll see him on many meets
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnShep View Post
    The upper limit is completely arbitrary. You either accept golf is a handicap game or you only play in scratch competitions. Single figure handicappers can moan about players getting shots on par threes, teen handicappers can moan that no one should get more than a shot a hole, now twenty+ handicappers can moan about thirties, and thirties can moan about forties etc. It really makes no difference. If you don't want to play against someone who isn't very good (and isn't bothered about not being very good) then take up a sport with no handicapping. If you have a handicap, and play in handicap competitions then accept that some people will have higher handicaps and some will have lower.
    There is some sense in this but the point about “just play scratch golf” is one that keeps getting trotted out and is pure rubbish. You don’t even need to go into detailed discussion- just accept that amateur golf is predominantly a handicap sport and it is not possible to just play scratch golf - there aren’t nearly enough events.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue View Post
    What?? trolls go to forum meets , he even said so most on here have played with him... apparently
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Q-School Graduate

I've already said I'm available for turnberry but if you think I'm gonna drive 400 miles for a quick 9 holes and a half afterwards, you're right, you'll no see me. As it happens, why would I want to spend time in your company anyway ?? It's an internet forum no a social club 😂😂

anyway back in the real world.

those that need 54 handicaps (excluding the old and injured), they will not be lining up to play in the monthly medal.

most players at that stage just like wacking the ball about with their mates. as bob said 30 pages ago, they probably wont even know what a handicap is let alone want one.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Can't help but think this thread lost its way about 10 pages ago. Time to move on.
    I'd say maybe 30 pages ago.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

I was going to turn pro before being given the chance to play off 54. It wasn't worth bothering before.
    Golf is 90% Mental and 10% MENTAL

Putting Advice

Ha! I've not read much of this thread but he's a pretty decent guy that I'd be happy to play golf with. Opinionated for sure (has anyone ever met a cabby without an opinion?) and he can wind people up but he's not the only one capable of that on the forum.
    I like putting. (2017 handicap: 11.2...10.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    I've already said I'm available for turnberry but if you think I'm gonna drive 400 miles for a quick 9 holes and a half afterwards, you're right, you'll no see me. As it happens, why would I want to spend time in your company anyway ?? It's an internet forum no a social club 😂😂
    Haha... great
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaroid View Post
    Ha! I've not read much of this thread but he's a pretty decent guy that I'd be happy to play golf with. Opinionated for sure (has anyone ever met a cabby without an opinion?) and he can wind people up but he's not the only one capable of that on the forum.
    Cheers Jim, you're off of 10, you'll just manage to get a game with me but the second I see you hacking about, it'll be off with your head 😂😂