Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 322

Thread: 54 handicap !

  1. #271
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,262

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    I did mention cyber bullying earlier in this topic funnily enough...though they're gonna need to bring their dinner with them for me.
    ‘Bring ur mates and bring ur dinner!!’

  2. #272
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,507

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Cabby's view seems to be based on the fact that every golfer is fit and able. I have questioned him several times on this thread and he hasn't answered. Would he still insist on a max handicap if he had a son/daughter who wanted to play but had a physical disability that prevented them from playing to a handicap of 28 or less? Somehow I doubt it, I'm pretty sure he would then be in favour of 54 handicaps but in his world everyone is perfect and capable.
    what he thinks is irrelevant. its what he thinks and believes. he hasn't been offensive in my opinion.

    i agree his view is pretty blunt and to the point.
    i think as long as you keep up with pace of play then that's fine to have whatever handicap you deserve.

    his comments haven't caused me and grief or frustration. i read his comments and thought "that's a big strong" then i move onto the next post

  3. #273
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Chris, I've asked you what post on mine has been offensive, you've not replied, yet in this topic alone, I've been called a dickhead, an arse, a knob twice and a troll on a few occasions, all much more offensive than any post I've made.

    D4S, yes I know you've asked me twice about disabled golfers, I've choose to ignore you, cause it seemed to me you were trying to lure me in to some kind of debate about disabled golfers, as per your latest posting, I'm not sure why you are doing so, but I'm not responding to you.

  4. #274
    Ryder Cup Winner fundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milton Keynes, Bucks
    Posts
    13,666

    Re: 54 handicap !

    cabby, 2 questions if I may. what is your handicap (i may have missed it) and what was your previous forum name(s)?
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

    Handicap: 7

  5. #275
    Ryder Cup Winner drive4show's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poole, Dorset
    Posts
    10,788

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    D4S, yes I know you've asked me twice about disabled golfers, I've choose to ignore you, cause it seemed to me you were trying to lure me in to some kind of debate about disabled golfers, as per your latest posting, I'm not sure why you are doing so, but I'm not responding to you.

    There is no ulterior motive, just you assume that everyone is physically able to play to 28 or less and that is quite simply not the case. So by choosing to ignore those people you are being elitist. This forum as a whole is pretty inclusive but you seem to be making an effort not to be.

  6. #276
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37,891

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    LOl and he hasn't even been LP'd
    I wonder if you have searched for him on HDID looking to post his poor scores on the forum for the sole aim to score points and embarrass him - that’s prob the lowest thing I have ever see someone do on this forum , wonder if someone would ever stoop that low eh. Be careful of mirrors where you are

  7. #277
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    cabby, 2 questions if I may. what is your handicap (i may have missed it) and what was your previous forum name(s)?

    Was given an 8 handicap after handing in 3 cards on a measured course late September.

    Never been on here before, it's been muted by others that I am a reincarnation of someone else, I think the name Bomber was mentioned, if that's who you may think I am, I'm not.

    You're welcome.

  8. #278
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,507

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    There is no ulterior motive, just you assume that everyone is physically able to play to 28 or less and that is quite simply not the case. So by choosing to ignore those people you are being elitist. This forum as a whole is pretty inclusive but you seem to be making an effort not to be.
    a serious question. what is wrong with him being elitist? does it have any direct impact on you?

  9. #279
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    There is no ulterior motive, just you assume that everyone is physically able to play to 28 or less and that is quite simply not the case. So by choosing to ignore those people you are being elitist. This forum as a whole is pretty inclusive but you seem to be making an effort not to be.

    You read far too much in to my posts, relax fella.

    *EDIT.

    Read Benders post in this topic about his reference to the driving test.
    Last edited by Cabby; 09-Jan-2018 at 14:10.

  10. #280
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,638

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Was given an 8 handicap after handing in 3 cards on a measured course late September.

    Never been on here before, it's been muted by others that I am a reincarnation of someone else, I think the name Bomber was mentioned, if that's who you may think I am, I'm not.

    You're welcome.
    I miss Bomber!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

    Handicap: 2.5

    Paid up member of the PC Brigade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

16 Of The Coolest Back Garden Golf Setups

Want to be able to hone your game in the comfort of your own back garden? Here are some incredible back garden golf setups...

February 16, 2018

Current Tour Player Caddie Partnerships

Who do the world's best currently have on their bags?

February 16, 2018

Tiger Woods What’s In The Bag?

The 14-time major winner makes his second start of 2018 this week at Riviera, take a look at the equipment he's using

February 16, 2018

10 Tour Pro Ball Striking Tips

Need help with your ball striking? Check out these superb tips from 10 of the world's best players

February 15, 2018

Rory McIlroy What’s In The Bag?

Rory McIlroy has changed putters this week for the Genesis Open at Riviera

February 15, 2018